2.11.0 String Freeze

Gary Kramlich
All,

We are now (20160606) string frozen for 2.11.0. The deadline for the freeze is 20160614. At that point we will be pulling all translations into the release for it's final preparation.

Thanks!

--
Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]>

Re: 2.11.0 String Freeze

Bugzilla from bjoernv@arcor.de
Gary Kramlich wrote:
> We are now (20160606) string frozen for 2.11.0. The deadline for the
> freeze is 20160614. At that point we will be pulling all translations
> into the release for it's final preparation.

The option "Notify for System messages" probably could be shortened to
"System messages" because the caption already is "Notify For". See
attached screen-shot.

What are system messages here in the context (Message Notification plugin)?

Greetings,
Björn

notify_for_system_messages.png (21K) Download Attachment

Re: 2.11.0 String Freeze

Richard Laager
On 06/06/2016 05:47 PM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> The option "Notify for System messages" probably could be shortened to
> "System messages" because the caption already is "Notify For". See
> attached screen-shot.

This seems reasonable. I've opened a pull request with this change:
https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/main/pull-requests/60/message-notification-drop-redundant-notify/diff

This won't get in until the next release, due to the string freeze.

> What are system messages here in the context (Message Notification plugin)?

Messages that aren't normal messages. For example, messages from the
server or messages from Pidgin itself (e.g. someone signed on or signed
off).

--
Richard