Annual Board Meeting

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Annual Board Meeting

Sean Egan
Hey Board,

It's time for another annual meeting. Are there any days of the week
that work better or worse for people? I'll propose April 17th,
6:00EDT, two weeks from today.

-Sean.

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Luke Schierer-5
I cannot do Tuesdays.

Luke

On Apr 3, 2012, at 20:17 EDT, Sean Egan wrote:

> Hey Board,
>
> It's time for another annual meeting. Are there any days of the week
> that work better or worse for people? I'll propose April 17th,
> 6:00EDT, two weeks from today.
>
> -Sean.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Board mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
>

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board

signature.asc (210 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Mark Doliner
I'm pretty flexible.  Since Luke can't do Tuesdays, about how
Wednesday April 18th, 6:00pm EDT, two weeks from today?

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Sean Egan
That would work for me.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm pretty flexible.  Since Luke can't do Tuesdays, about how
> Wednesday April 18th, 6:00pm EDT, two weeks from today?

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.
That would probably work except 6:00 pm EDT is pretty tight for me as I have a meeting that usually ends at that exact moment; could we do 4/18/12 6:30 PM EDT?

-Evan

On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Sean Egan wrote:

That would work for me.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pretty flexible.  Since Luke can't do Tuesdays, about how
Wednesday April 18th, 6:00pm EDT, two weeks from today?

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Mark Doliner

On Apr 4, 2012 7:10 PM, "Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D." <[hidden email]> wrote:
> could we do 4/18/12 6:30 PM EDT?

That works for me.


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Mark Spencer-2
I won't be able to make it on the 18th, but i can probably just miss this one if it works for everyone else.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Doliner" <[hidden email]>
To: "Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D." <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:11:44 PM
Subject: Re: Annual Board Meeting




On Apr 4, 2012 7:10 PM, "Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D." < [hidden email] > wrote:
> could we do 4/18/12 6:30 PM EDT?

That works for me.

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board

_______________________________________________
Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discussion

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

John Bailey-4
On 04/05/2012 12:09 AM, Mark Spencer wrote:
> I won't be able to make it on the 18th, but i can probably just miss this one if it works for everyone else.

I can forcibly arrange my schedule to work with everyone else, so long as we
start no earlier than 6:15 PM EDT.  If everyone agrees on the 18th, I'll make
sure I'm there.

John



_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.

On Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM, John Bailey wrote:

On 04/05/2012 12:09 AM, Mark Spencer wrote:
I won't be able to make it on the 18th, but i can probably just miss this one if it works for everyone else.

I can forcibly arrange my schedule to work with everyone else, so long as we
start no earlier than 6:15 PM EDT. If everyone agrees on the 18th, I'll make
sure I'm there.

Would it be better to push it back later, e.g. 7:00 PM EDT?  That'd be easier for me, too.

Are we doing an XMPP conference or a voice conference call?

-Evan

 
John
_______________________________________________
Board mailing list


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Mark Doliner
Both 5:15pm EDT and 7pm EDT work fine for me.  Let's try for 7pm EDT
on April 18th.  Is anyone other than Mark Spencer not able to make it?

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are we doing an XMPP conference or a voice conference call?

I thought it was nice doing a voice conference last time.  My vote is
to do that again, if it's not too much trouble for Mark Spencer (or
anyone else) to set up a conference call number.  We should be mindful
to take good notes, since we won't have a transcript.

Having an agenda might help the meeting go faster.  Is there anything
people want to talk about?

First draft:
1. Officer and director elections
2. Treasurer's report
    a. Read and approve 2011 financials
    b. Read 2012 financials to date
3. Tax filing status?
4. Credit card processing is closed?
5. 501(c)3 status?

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Both 5:15pm EDT and 7pm EDT work fine for me.  Let's try for 7pm EDT
> on April 18th.  Is anyone other than Mark Spencer not able to make it?

I can make either of those times.

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Are we doing an XMPP conference or a voice conference call?
>
> I thought it was nice doing a voice conference last time.  My vote is
> to do that again, if it's not too much trouble for Mark Spencer (or
> anyone else) to set up a conference call number.  We should be mindful
> to take good notes, since we won't have a transcript.

Agreed.

> Having an agenda might help the meeting go faster.  Is there anything
> people want to talk about?
>
> First draft:
> 1. Officer and director elections
> 2. Treasurer's report
>     a. Read and approve 2011 financials
>     b. Read 2012 financials to date
> 3. Tax filing status?
> 4. Credit card processing is closed?
> 5. 501(c)3 status?
So far as I'm concerned, we really only need 1 and 2, as well as a
quick confirmation from Sean on 4.  I'm happy to answer any questions
I can regarding 3 and 5, but you might want to shoot them to me ahead
of time so I know what I need to research.  :-)  (We're still
501(c)(3), and our tax filing status is that we send that nonprofit
postcard every year but need not file long form taxes.)

Ethan

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board

signature.asc (493 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Mark Doliner
On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> 5. 501(c)3 status?
>
> We're still 501(c)(3)

Sorry, I should have said "our corporate status in Delaware."  Our
2011 agenda has this item:
"Karen from SFLC notified us that some maintenance is required for our
Delaware presence to keep our business in good standing Sean will
follow up on this"

We voted last year to switch our registered agent in Delaware from CT
Corp to National Registered Agents, Inc.  I haven't heard much since
then and I thought we might just want to confirm that that happened
and we're all good.

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> >> 5. 501(c)3 status?
> >
> > We're still 501(c)(3)
>
> Sorry, I should have said "our corporate status in Delaware."  Our
> 2011 agenda has this item:
> "Karen from SFLC notified us that some maintenance is required for our
> Delaware presence to keep our business in good standing Sean will
> follow up on this"
>
> We voted last year to switch our registered agent in Delaware from CT
> Corp to National Registered Agents, Inc.  I haven't heard much since
> then and I thought we might just want to confirm that that happened
> and we're all good.
OK; sure.  That's the papework I bungled and had to pay a fee on, I'm
sad to say -- but they say we're in good standing, now.  We can talk
about that on the call.

Ethan

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board

signature.asc (493 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.
In reply to this post by Mark Doliner

On Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Mark Doliner wrote:

I thought it was nice doing a voice conference last time. My vote is
to do that again, if it's not too much trouble for Mark Spencer (or
anyone else) to set up a conference call number. We should be mindful
to take good notes, since we won't have a transcript.

Mark hasn't replied to your comment; does anyone else have access to a conferencing system for tomorrow?

-Evan

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Ethan Blanton-3
Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Mark hasn't replied to your comment; does anyone else have access to a
> conferencing system for tomorrow?

I don't, but I agree with the earlier assertions that it was better
than the XMPP meeting; maybe we can do a G+ hangout or Skype call or
something?

Ethan

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.

On Apr 18, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> Mark hasn't replied to your comment; does anyone else have access to a
>> conferencing system for tomorrow?
>
> I don't, but I agree with the earlier assertions that it was better
> than the XMPP meeting; maybe we can do a G+ hangout or Skype call or
> something?

I got access to one at work for our use (today only)

Phone number: 916-233-1420

GoToMeeting ID: 408-975-460

-Evan


>
> Ethan

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Ethan Blanton-3
Evan Schoenberg spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I got access to one at work for our use (today only)
>
> Phone number: 916-233-1420
>
> GoToMeeting ID: 408-975-460

Awesome, thanks for doing that.

Ethan

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board

signature.asc (493 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Mark Doliner
In reply to this post by Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Evan Schoenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I got access to one at work for our use (today only)

8 Penguin Points for you!

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Sean Egan
I should still be able to make this, but may be a little late. If
there's still a quorum, Mark should feel free to start without me, and
I'll join when I can.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Evan Schoenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I got access to one at work for our use (today only)
>
> 8 Penguin Points for you!
>
> _______________________________________________
> Board mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Annual Board Meeting

Mark Doliner
It might be nice to try to use a shared text editor for taking notes
during the meeting.  This is optional of course, and would probably be
most useful if Luke uses it to take the official minutes.

http://piratepad.net/imfreedom

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/board
Loading...