Articles of incorporation or other identifying document

Articles of incorporation or other identifying document

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.
Sean or Luke,

Could I please have a copy of the IMF articles of incorporation, charter document, or certificate of formation?

Thanks,
Evan

Re: Articles of incorporation or other identifying document

Ethan Blanton-3
Evan Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Could I please have a copy of the IMF articles of incorporation,
> charter document, or certificate of formation?

I forwarded Evan a copy of our incorporation documents privately, as
they contain private contact information etc.  Any board member is of
course welcome to view any documents I can find, but some of them are
best not broadcast simply because they have home addresses,
signatures, etc. on them.  I am happy to provide their text with such
private information redacted to anyone who asks, as time allows.

For what purpose do you need this information?  The incorporation
paperwork is all pretty generic stuff, it says things like "this
corporation will be formed to do anything it can legally do", "this
corporation will have a board of directors", etc.

On Oct 21, 2010, at 8:16 PM, Ethan Blanton wrote:

Evan Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
Could I please have a copy of the IMF articles of incorporation,
charter document, or certificate of formation?

I forwarded Evan a copy of our incorporation documents privately, as
they contain private contact information etc.

Thank you, Ethan.

Any board member is of
course welcome to view any documents I can find, but some of them are
best not broadcast simply because they have home addresses,
signatures, etc. on them.  I am happy to provide their text with such
private information redacted to anyone who asks, as time allows.

For what purpose do you need this information?  The incorporation
paperwork is all pretty generic stuff, it says things like "this
corporation will be formed to do anything it can legally do", "this
corporation will have a board of directors", etc.

This is related to the Mac App Store I mentioned in my previous email.  The initial verification process requests one of:

Articles of incorporation
Business license
Certificate of Formation
Charter documents
Operating Agreement
Partnership papers
Reseller or vendor license

to validate the identity of the corporation or business.

-Evan

Re: Articles of incorporation or other identifying document

Ethan Blanton-3
Evan Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > For what purpose do you need this information?  The incorporation
> > paperwork is all pretty generic stuff, it says things like "this
> > corporation will be formed to do anything it can legally do", "this
> > corporation will have a board of directors", etc.
>
> This is related to the Mac App Store I mentioned in my previous email.
> The initial verification process requests one of:

OK.  We really need to examine an approve of the agrements as a board.
In particular, the iOS app store has some ugly terms.

On Oct 22, 2010, at 6:34 PM, Ethan Blanton wrote:

> Evan Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
>>> For what purpose do you need this information?  The incorporation
>>> paperwork is all pretty generic stuff, it says things like "this
>>> corporation will be formed to do anything it can legally do", "this
>>> corporation will have a board of directors", etc.
>>
>> This is related to the Mac App Store I mentioned in my previous email.
>> The initial verification process requests one of:
>
> OK.  We really need to examine an approve of the agrements as a board.
> In particular, the iOS app store has some ugly terms.

Absolutely.  This stage of the process doesn't involve any agreements; once they've verified that we are who we say we are, I'll be be presented with the first agreement of the process.  I'll forward it along before taking any action on it.

-Evan