Board Elections

Sean Egan
Hey,

So I was able to get through to the Adium list and get a nomination for Matthew Needham. Evan Schoenberg says he would be happy to second this nomination.

With that, we have five potential new board members and five potential board vacancies. I suspect this will be straightforward enough to do over an e-mail vote, but let me know in the next few days if there are any objections to the process.

Proposal:

The Board of Directors of Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall comprise:

John Bailey
Ethan Blanton
Gary Kramlich
Richard Laager
Matthew Needham
Eion Robb
Jorge Villaseñor

Officers will be chosen by the new board in an election presided by Ethan Blanton, the sole remaining incumbent officer.

Outgoing officers shall brief their replacements regarding their responsibilities on the board.

---

Barring any objections, voting will begin Tuesday, July 5th at 12:00pm, EDT (extended from the normal 72 hours to account for the holiday weekend). Voting will end July 12th at 12:00pm EDT, or when a majority of the board has voted one way or the other.

Thanks,
-Sean.

Re: Board Elections

Sean Egan

Voting is now open for board elections. It will remain open for one week or until a majority of the board has voted the same way.

> Proposal:
>
> The Board of Directors of Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall comprise:
>
> John Bailey
> Ethan Blanton
> Gary Kramlich
> Richard Laager
> Matthew Needham
> Eion Robb
> Jorge Villaseñor
>
> Officers will be chosen by the new board in an election presided by Ethan Blanton, the sole remaining incumbent officer.
>
> Outgoing officers shall brief their replacements regarding their responsibilities on the board.

Re: Board Elections

John Bailey-2

On Jul 5, 2016 12:03, "Sean Egan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Voting is now open for board elections. It will remain open for one week or until a majority of the board has voted the same way.
>
> > Proposal:
> >
> > The Board of Directors of Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall comprise:
> >
> > John Bailey
> > Ethan Blanton
> > Gary Kramlich
> > Richard Laager
> > Matthew Needham
> > Eion Robb
> > Jorge Villaseñor
> >
> > Officers will be chosen by the new board in an election presided by Ethan Blanton, the sole remaining incumbent officer.
> >
> > Outgoing officers shall brief their replacements regarding their responsibilities on the board.

I vote in favor.

John

Re: Board Elections

Mark Doliner
On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Sean Egan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Proposal:
>
> The Board of Directors of Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall comprise:
>
> John Bailey
> Ethan Blanton
> Gary Kramlich
> Richard Laager
> Matthew Needham
> Eion Robb
> Jorge Villaseñor
>
> Officers will be chosen by the new board in an election presided by Ethan
> Blanton, the sole remaining incumbent officer.
>
> Outgoing officers shall brief their replacements regarding their
> responsibilities on the board.

I vote in favor.

--Mark

Re: Board Elections

Luke Schierer-2
On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 09:02:23AM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:

> Voting is now open for board elections. It will remain open for one week or
> until a majority of the board has voted the same way.
>
> > Proposal:
> >
> > The Board of Directors of Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall comprise:
> >
> > John Bailey
> > Ethan Blanton
> > Gary Kramlich
> > Richard Laager
> > Matthew Needham
> > Eion Robb
> > Jorge Villaseñor
> >
> > Officers will be chosen by the new board in an election presided by Ethan
> Blanton, the sole remaining incumbent officer.
> >
> > Outgoing officers shall brief their replacements regarding their
> responsibilities on the board.
I vote in favor.

Luke

Re: Board Elections

Sean Egan
We have four votes in favor of the new board. That being a majority of the board, the vote passes. I didn't say as much in the original proposal, but I assumed the changeover would be effective immediately. Let me know if there are any objections to that.

Congratulations to the new directors.

Luke, are you the best person to add the new directors to the [hidden email] list? I forget if it's subscribable to the public or not. I'd like to stay subscribed to the list as a curious observer, if possible.

Ethan, you've been chosen to preside over officer elections.

When a new President is chosen, I'll e-mail him and this list with a full briefing of all the responsibilities I've had. I presume Luke and Mark will do the same.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:09 AM Luke Schierer <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 09:02:23AM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> Voting is now open for board elections. It will remain open for one week or
> until a majority of the board has voted the same way.
>
> > Proposal:
> >
> > The Board of Directors of Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall comprise:
> >
> > John Bailey
> > Ethan Blanton
> > Gary Kramlich
> > Richard Laager
> > Matthew Needham
> > Eion Robb
> > Jorge Villaseñor
> >
> > Officers will be chosen by the new board in an election presided by Ethan
> Blanton, the sole remaining incumbent officer.
> >
> > Outgoing officers shall brief their replacements regarding their
> responsibilities on the board.

I vote in favor.

Luke

Re: Board Elections