Change to email voting procedures

Mark Doliner
Let's try this a second time. My motivation for this change, by the
way, is that I feel like we should be able to move quickly as an
organization. With the exception of when we're on vacation, I feel
like we all generally check our email regularly. And I feel like our
votes tend to be non-contentious and we don't need to require a long
period of discussion before voting. This cuts down our turnaround time
from 2 weeks to as little as 3 or 4 days.

Here's my proposal, with voting to open 1 week from now (I'll send a reminder):

I move to revise the voting process that we agreed upon in our first
board meeting (the paragraph beginning "The board voted that any
proposal" at https://imfreedom.org/minutes-20070515.php) to the
following:

Our voting procedure is as follows:
- Votes may be held either at a board meeting or by email.
- In either case, the proposal will be considered approved or rejected
immediately upon receiving a majority of votes in favor or opposed,
respectively.
- For votes held at a board meeting, the text of the proposal must be
present in the meeting agenda at least 3 days (72 hours) before the
meeting begins.
- For votes held over email, the text of the proposal must be sent to
the [hidden email] mailing list at least 3 days (72 hours) before
voting begins.
- For votes held at a board meeting, the voting period is opened and
closed by the chairperson.
- For votes held over email, if an opening time was specified in the
proposal then this time is used so long as the time is greater than 3
days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. Otherwise the voting
period opens 3 days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. The voting
period closes 7 days (168 hours) after it opens.

This voting procedure shall be used when dealing with the expenditure
of more than a total of 100 USD (either as a one-time cost, or the sum
of recurring expenditures). This voting process may also be used at
other times, as deemed necessary.

Re: Change to email voting procedures

Mark Doliner
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I move to revise the voting process that we agreed upon in our first
> board meeting (the paragraph beginning "The board voted that any
> proposal" at https://imfreedom.org/minutes-20070515.php) to the
> following:
>
> Our voting procedure is as follows:
> - Votes may be held either at a board meeting or by email.
> - In either case, the proposal will be considered approved or rejected
> immediately upon receiving a majority of votes in favor or opposed,
> respectively.
> - For votes held at a board meeting, the text of the proposal must be
> present in the meeting agenda at least 3 days (72 hours) before the
> meeting begins.
> - For votes held over email, the text of the proposal must be sent to
> the [hidden email] mailing list at least 3 days (72 hours) before
> voting begins.
> - For votes held at a board meeting, the voting period is opened and
> closed by the chairperson.
> - For votes held over email, if an opening time was specified in the
> proposal then this time is used so long as the time is greater than 3
> days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. Otherwise the voting
> period opens 3 days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. The voting
> period closes 7 days (168 hours) after it opens.
>
> This voting procedure shall be used when dealing with the expenditure
> of more than a total of 100 USD (either as a one-time cost, or the sum
> of recurring expenditures). This voting process may also be used at
> other times, as deemed necessary.

Voting for this proposal is now open.

I vote in favor.

Re: Change to email voting procedures

John Bailey-4
On 01/31/2014 12:51 PM, Mark Doliner wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I move to revise the voting process that we agreed upon in our first
>> board meeting (the paragraph beginning "The board voted that any
>> proposal" at https://imfreedom.org/minutes-20070515.php) to the
>> following:
>>
>> Our voting procedure is as follows:
>> - Votes may be held either at a board meeting or by email.
>> - In either case, the proposal will be considered approved or rejected
>> immediately upon receiving a majority of votes in favor or opposed,
>> respectively.
>> - For votes held at a board meeting, the text of the proposal must be
>> present in the meeting agenda at least 3 days (72 hours) before the
>> meeting begins.
>> - For votes held over email, the text of the proposal must be sent to
>> the [hidden email] mailing list at least 3 days (72 hours) before
>> voting begins.
>> - For votes held at a board meeting, the voting period is opened and
>> closed by the chairperson.
>> - For votes held over email, if an opening time was specified in the
>> proposal then this time is used so long as the time is greater than 3
>> days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. Otherwise the voting
>> period opens 3 days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. The voting
>> period closes 7 days (168 hours) after it opens.
>>
>> This voting procedure shall be used when dealing with the expenditure
>> of more than a total of 100 USD (either as a one-time cost, or the sum
>> of recurring expenditures). This voting process may also be used at
>> other times, as deemed necessary.
>
> Voting for this proposal is now open.
>
> I vote in favor.
I vote in favor as well.

John

Re: Change to email voting procedures

Evan Schoenberg-5

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I move to revise the voting process that we agreed upon in our first
> board meeting (the paragraph beginning "The board voted that any
> proposal" at https://imfreedom.org/minutes-20070515.php) to the
> following:
>
> Our voting procedure is as follows:
> - Votes may be held either at a board meeting or by email.
> - In either case, the proposal will be considered approved or rejected
> immediately upon receiving a majority of votes in favor or opposed,
> respectively.
> - For votes held at a board meeting, the text of the proposal must be
> present in the meeting agenda at least 3 days (72 hours) before the
> meeting begins.
> - For votes held over email, the text of the proposal must be sent to
> the [hidden email] mailing list at least 3 days (72 hours) before
> voting begins.
> - For votes held at a board meeting, the voting period is opened and
> closed by the chairperson.
> - For votes held over email, if an opening time was specified in the
> proposal then this time is used so long as the time is greater than 3
> days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. Otherwise the voting
> period opens 3 days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. The voting
> period closes 7 days (168 hours) after it opens.
>
> This voting procedure shall be used when dealing with the expenditure
> of more than a total of 100 USD (either as a one-time cost, or the sum
> of recurring expenditures). This voting process may also be used at
> other times, as deemed necessary.

Voting for this proposal is now open.

I vote in favor.

-EvanĀ

Re: Change to email voting procedures

Sean Egan
I vote in favor.

On Mon Feb 03 2014 at 5:37:37 PM, Evan Schoenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I move to revise the voting process that we agreed upon in our first
> board meeting (the paragraph beginning "The board voted that any
> proposal" at https://imfreedom.org/minutes-20070515.php) to the
> following:
>
> Our voting procedure is as follows:
> - Votes may be held either at a board meeting or by email.
> - In either case, the proposal will be considered approved or rejected
> immediately upon receiving a majority of votes in favor or opposed,
> respectively.
> - For votes held at a board meeting, the text of the proposal must be
> present in the meeting agenda at least 3 days (72 hours) before the
> meeting begins.
> - For votes held over email, the text of the proposal must be sent to
> the [hidden email] mailing list at least 3 days (72 hours) before
> voting begins.
> - For votes held at a board meeting, the voting period is opened and
> closed by the chairperson.
> - For votes held over email, if an opening time was specified in the
> proposal then this time is used so long as the time is greater than 3
> days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. Otherwise the voting
> period opens 3 days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. The voting
> period closes 7 days (168 hours) after it opens.
>
> This voting procedure shall be used when dealing with the expenditure
> of more than a total of 100 USD (either as a one-time cost, or the sum
> of recurring expenditures). This voting process may also be used at
> other times, as deemed necessary.

Voting for this proposal is now open.

I vote in favor.

-EvanĀ

Re: Change to email voting procedures

Mark Doliner

Voting for this closed midday Friday.

Votes in favor:
- Mark Doliner
- John Bailey
- Evan Schoenberg
- Sean Egan

That's 4 out of 7, so this vote passes and we'll use the revised voting procedure in the future.

Yay.