Chat counter always shows 1

Wade Smart-2
I have not paid attention to it until someone called my
attention to it, the pidgin app icon shows a 1 in the chat
area by the birds head. When I have one message it shows
2 and when I have no messages it shows 1. On my other
computer it shows 0. Where is that counter located and how
would one correct it?

Im on Ubuntu 16.04 with libpurple 2.10.12

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Re: Chat counter always shows 1

Eion Robb-3
Hi Wade,

That's controlled by the libnotify plugin that Ubuntu bundles with their version of Pidgin that we unfortunately don't have control over.  You could try the purple-libnotify+ plugin from https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins that is apparently better for that kind of thing.

Cheers,
Eion

On 14 August 2017 at 00:56, Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have not paid attention to it until someone called my
attention to it, the pidgin app icon shows a 1 in the chat
area by the birds head. When I have one message it shows
2 and when I have no messages it shows 1. On my other
computer it shows 0. Where is that counter located and how
would one correct it?

Im on Ubuntu 16.04 with libpurple 2.10.12

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005