Foreign president

Eion Robb-3

Hi Ethan,

Did you have any luck finding out if there's any issues with myself being SSN-less with the re-registration of the not for profit?

Cheers,
Eion

Re: Foreign president

Ethan Blanton-3
Eion Robb spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Did you have any luck finding out if there's any issues with myself being
> SSN-less with the re-registration of the not for profit?

I can find no problems with it.  Nothing I have to fill out requires
your SSN.  I found explicit statements from the IRS that having board
members who are not US persons is not a problem, but nothing that
explicitly says "the President can be a non-US person" or "an officer
can be a non-US person".  I assume that silence on the matter means
it's not a problem.

If the majority of the board is non-US persons, or there is no US
point of presence, that is a problem.

I think we're good.

Re: Foreign president

Sean Egan

Hey,

Before the director election, I checked with SFLC to make sure non-Americans were eligible. Though I didn't ask about officers specifically, there didn't seem to be any issues.

I'll introduce you to a contact there if you have any questions about this or anything else.