Fwd: AIM login

Eion Robb-3
Forwarding to devel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donald Le <[hidden email]>
Date: 23 September 2016 at 10:20
Subject: Re: AIM login
To: Richard Vickery <[hidden email]>, [hidden email], Pidgin Support List <[hidden email]>

new DevID = do1UCeb5gNqxB1S1
new distID = 1715

They will be ready to use after 1/2 hour.

Thanks,

Donald Le
Tech Director | Product Management and Support AIM Platform
O: 703-265-5645 | M: 703-678-1073
AOL Inc. 22070 Broderick Drive Dulles, VA 20166

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Donald Le spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Who should I send the DevID and distID? or if you don't mind I deliver it
> here?

The list is fine.  It will necessarily be included in our public
source code anyway, so it might as well go to the list.

> I don't know exactly what did you get from us to built AIM connectivity in
> your Pidgin client.

Very little.  Our OSCAR support was an effort of reverse engineering
many years ago, both on the part of Pidgin developers (most of whom
have left the project) and other third-party IM clients.

> OpenAuth path is https://api.screenname.aol.com/auth/clientLogin.
> AIM Legacy 7.5.x  login path is kdc.uas.aol.com port 443.
>
> Please suggest 2 date/time for a quick call.

Gary, can you tap someone (who will be around) for this?  If Mark is
available, I think he's worked on OSCAR most recently in any sort of
depth.