Fwd: Re: [#403288] Upcoming Debian Update : rock.pidgin.im

Fwd: Re: [#403288] Upcoming Debian Update : rock.pidgin.im

Luke Schierer-5
I lost track of this when I went on vacation in August,

I need help to make this transition happen.

Thanks!

----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:07:54 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: Luke Schierer <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [#403288] Upcoming Debian Update : rock.pidgin.im

Hi Luke,

Please confirm if we can shutdown the old server.

Sindhu K
System Architect | Global RTAC
Network Redux, LLC

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:07:54 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: Luke Schierer <[hidden email]>

Hi Luke,

Please confirm if we can shutdown the old server.

Sindhu K
System Architect | Global RTAC
Network Redux, LLC

> The server is back online. Please review and let us know in case you
> see any issues.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Sujith Mohan
> Director, Global Operations | RTAC
> Network Redux, LLC

We need to set up a copy of all services on the new rock.

I honestly do not remember where I left things back in August.  I know
for a fact that I do not know how to set up jabber.

We need to make sure the following will work on the new rock

1) postfix and qpsmtpd - I can do these
2) mailmain - I know I have not done this yet
3) jabber - I do not know what this entails
4) lighttpd - I believe both www.pidgin.im and imfreedom.org are
hosted here
5) mediawiki - for imfreedom.org - I know I have not looked at this.

Any help would be appreciated.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 07:45:26AM +1300, Eion Robb wrote:

> What kind of help do you need?
>
> On 17/11/2016 06:23, "Luke Schierer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I lost track of this when I went on vacation in August,
> >
> > I need help to make this transition happen.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > ----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----
> >
> > Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:07:54 -0800
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: Luke Schierer <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Re: [#403288] Upcoming Debian Update : rock.pidgin.im
> >
> > Hi Luke,
> >
> > Please confirm if we can shutdown the old server.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Sindhu K
> > System Architect | Global RTAC
> > Network Redux, LLC

Gary Kramlich
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Luke Schierer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We need to set up a copy of all services on the new rock.
>
> I honestly do not remember where I left things back in August.  I know
> for a fact that I do not know how to set up jabber.

me either.

> We need to make sure the following will work on the new rock
>
> 1) postfix and qpsmtpd - I can do these
> 2) mailmain - I know I have not done this yet
> 3) jabber - I do not know what this entails
> 4) lighttpd - I believe both www.pidgin.im and imfreedom.org are
> hosted here
> 5) mediawiki - for imfreedom.org - I know I have not looked at this.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Whats the time line aside from weeks ago?

Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]>

Re: Fwd: Re: [#403288] Upcoming Debian Update : rock.pidgin.im

Mark Doliner
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Whats the time line aside from weeks ago?

Hi! I got an email on Monday that says, "Hello Luke and Mark, in an
attempt to decommission this very old hardware we kindly request a
response to our inquiries below.

If we do not hear back by February 20th, 2017 we will go ahead and
shut the old system down.

Please contact us if you have any questions."

Sorry, I hadn't noticed it until now. I'm not familiar with this
change. So they're moving rock.pidgin.im to new hardware and want us
to recreate it? Do we have access to the new instance already? Has
anyone started replicating things? I don't think I have credentials to
log in to https://accounts.networkredux.com/ . Also I'm probably a bad
contact person for Network Redux. Can I ask them to replace me with
someone else? Who's the most appropriate person? Gary?

Re: Fwd: Re: [#403288] Upcoming Debian Update : rock.pidgin.im

Gary Kramlich
Nope haven't done any, I keep forgetting about it :-/

I'll work on it tonight, but it's going to take some time.  I'm also
going to put together an inventory of whats where, because we have way
the hell too much crap to maintain :)

Also I know nothing about the Network Redux setup.  I can just get to
the vm and nothing more.  Luke didn't you say we had a new machine or
something?  I think we may have added DNS for it, but that was a while
ago now and I didn't leave myself any notes :-/

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 2:02 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Whats the time line aside from weeks ago?
>
> Hi! I got an email on Monday that says, "Hello Luke and Mark, in an
> attempt to decommission this very old hardware we kindly request a
> response to our inquiries below.
>
> If we do not hear back by February 20th, 2017 we will go ahead and
> shut the old system down.
>
> Please contact us if you have any questions."
>
> Sorry, I hadn't noticed it until now. I'm not familiar with this
> change. So they're moving rock.pidgin.im to new hardware and want us
> to recreate it? Do we have access to the new instance already? Has
> anyone started replicating things? I don't think I have credentials to
> log in to https://accounts.networkredux.com/ . Also I'm probably a bad
> contact person for Network Redux. Can I ask them to replace me with
> someone else? Who's the most appropriate person? Gary?

Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]>

Re: Fwd: Re: [#403288] Upcoming Debian Update : rock.pidgin.im

Gary Kramlich
I didn't get to do as much as I hoped to tonight, but I started
putting together an inventory for all of our stuff.  It's rough and
doesn't cover everything, basically I just looked at /etc/init.d and
/srv.  Let me know what I'm missing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NL-BdQ63Qan4xp6Mah1h1OdsJa595h9oGK0QeyDRuGg/edit?usp=sharing

As far as the cut over goes, I'm hoping to get most of this stuff
moved over this weekend.  I'll get a better plan together tomorrow
night to figure out a better time line as well as track what is/isn't
done.

Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]>