Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Mark Doliner
Board,

Elliott Sales de Andrade (cc'ed) attended the Google Summer of Code
2013 Mentor Summit as our representative. As you all may remember, the
way this works is that the mentor pays his own way to the summit, and
then Google reimburses later. Ethan filed for reimbursement from
Google a few weeks ago, but they pay on a Net 30 basis, so it could be
another month or more before we receive our Summer of Code payments.
With this in mind, I would like to propose that we reimburse Elliott
for his travel now, and let the Google reimbursement reimburse IMF
Inc. We did this in 2009 for Gary and Ethan and in 2010 for Elliott.

Elliott's travel expenses were CAD 855.31, which Ethan calculated as
USD 880.11 (sorry, I don't know what day's exchange rate was used). I
propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11 as soon as
enough votes come in to approve the measure so that he does not have
to float this payment any longer.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Mark Doliner
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
> from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11

Sorry, I think we'll have to delay this vote. In our first meeting we
decided that:
"any proposal dealing with the expenditure of more than a total of
$100 (either as a one-time cost, or the sum of recurring
expenditures), must be proposed at least one week before votes are
collected. It may either be proposed for an email vote with one week
of notice, or proposed for vote at a board meeting, provided that the
text of the proposal is present in the meeting agenda one week in
advance."

So voting on my proposal as stated above will open one week from now
at 6:10pm PST on 2013-12-10 and will close two weeks from now at
6:10pm PST on 2013-12-17.

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Mark Doliner
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
> from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11 as soon as
> enough votes come in to approve the measure so that he does not have
> to float this payment any longer.

Voting for this proposal is now open.

I vote in favor.

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Ethan Blanton-2

Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
>> from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11 as soon as
>> enough votes come in to approve the measure so that he does not have
>> to float this payment any longer.
>
>Voting for this proposal is now open.
>
>I vote in favor.

As do I.

(Sorry for the dupe, Mark.)

Sent from my phone.  Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Sean Egan
I also vote yes.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
>> from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11 as soon as
>> enough votes come in to approve the measure so that he does not have
>> to float this payment any longer.
>
>Voting for this proposal is now open.
>
>I vote in favor.

As do I.

(Sorry for the dupe, Mark.)

Sent from my phone.  Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Mark Doliner
(Just got another email that's also from [hidden email])

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Evan Dreskin Schoenberg M.D.
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2013, at 11:23 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
> from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11 as soon as
> enough votes come in to approve the measure so that he does not have
> to float this payment any longer.
>

> Voting for this proposal is now open.
>

> I vote in favor.
>
> Mark, I’m cc’ing you off-list; could you please verify you’ve gotten my
> vote?  It looks like my last several messages to the list have never been
> received.
>
> -Evan

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

John Bailey-4
On 12/10/2013 11:23 PM, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
>> from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11 as soon as
>> enough votes come in to approve the measure so that he does not have
>> to float this payment any longer.
>
> Voting for this proposal is now open.
>
> I vote in favor.

I vote in favor as well.

John

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Luke Schierer-5
I vote in favor.

Luke

On Dec 3, 2013, at 20:51 EST, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Board,
>
> Elliott Sales de Andrade (cc'ed) attended the Google Summer of Code
> 2013 Mentor Summit as our representative. As you all may remember, the
> way this works is that the mentor pays his own way to the summit, and
> then Google reimburses later. Ethan filed for reimbursement from
> Google a few weeks ago, but they pay on a Net 30 basis, so it could be
> another month or more before we receive our Summer of Code payments.
> With this in mind, I would like to propose that we reimburse Elliott
> for his travel now, and let the Google reimbursement reimburse IMF
> Inc. We did this in 2009 for Gary and Ethan and in 2010 for Elliott.
>
> Elliott's travel expenses were CAD 855.31, which Ethan calculated as
> USD 880.11 (sorry, I don't know what day's exchange rate was used). I
> propose that Ethan (our wonderful treasurer) write and mail a check
> from IMF Inc. to Elliott for the amount of USD 880.11 as soon as
> enough votes come in to approve the measure so that he does not have
> to float this payment any longer.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Mark Doliner
Voting for this closed a few hours ago.

Votes in favor:
- Mark Doliner
- Ethan Blanton
- Sean Egan
- John Bailey
- Evan Schoenberg
- Luke Schierer

That's 6 out of 7, so this passes. Ethan, can you please take care of
"making it rain" for Elliott?

Re: Google SoC 2013 travel reimbursement

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:

> Votes in favor:
> - Mark Doliner
> - Ethan Blanton
> - Sean Egan
> - John Bailey
> - Evan Schoenberg
> - Luke Schierer
>
> That's 6 out of 7, so this passes. Ethan, can you please take care of
> "making it rain" for Elliott?

Will do.