Hello

Joy Overton
Hello,

The past few nights there has been an issue with the chat function on pidgin. I just updated to the latest version and i am still having the same issue. It lets me send the invite but it never lets me or the other person into the chat.

Please advise,
Joy

Re: Hello

Eion Robb-3
Hi Joy,

What protocol are you having troubles with (AIM, ICQ, Skype, XMPP, something else)?  Also, are you getting an error message, if so what is it?

Cheers,
Eion

On 26 June 2017 at 13:42, Joy Overton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

The past few nights there has been an issue with the chat function on pidgin. I just updated to the latest version and i am still having the same issue. It lets me send the invite but it never lets me or the other person into the chat.

Please advise,
Joy

Re: Hello

Eion Robb-3
Hi Joy,

(please make sure to CC the support mailing list in future in case someone else is more qualified to respond)

I'm not very familiar with AIM, but I've heard that there's been some changes with the AIM servers and that Pidgin is not able to work with multi-user/group chats on them currently, as of the past few days.

Cheers,
Eion

On 26 June 2017 at 13:46, Joy Overton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Eion,

Aim, and no not getting any error messages, nothing happens, its as if I didn't send the invite. It's also happening with my friend who is also using Aim.

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Eion Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Joy,

What protocol are you having troubles with (AIM, ICQ, Skype, XMPP, something else)?  Also, are you getting an error message, if so what is it?

Cheers,
Eion

On 26 June 2017 at 13:42, Joy Overton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

The past few nights there has been an issue with the chat function on pidgin. I just updated to the latest version and i am still having the same issue. It lets me send the invite but it never lets me or the other person into the chat.

Please advise,
Joy

Re: Hello

Eion Robb-3
Hi again,

I don't believe there's a fix for this currently, but someone who knows AIM better than I might be able to comment.

Cheers,
Eion

On 26 June 2017 at 14:01, Joy Overton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

pidgin-5
Actually Rob, we do have an AIM contact at AOL (or is it Verizon now?) -- Donald Le, the one who worked with the team with the login change.
Maybe somebody who corresponded with him could ask him about the change?

Thanks,
Alex.