How obtain libpurple for windows

Flamaros
Hi,

I am searching a simple way to obtain the libpurple on Windows, without building pidgin.
Is there a prebuilded version?

I have possibility to build it under linux (cross plateform) if necessary.

Re: How obtain libpurple for windows

Peter Lawler-3
On 10/02/13 01:24, Flamaros wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am searching a simple way to obtain the libpurple on Windows, without
> building pidgin.
> Is there a prebuilded version?
Have you tried downloading the .exe installer and getting your
libpurple.dll out of that?

Pete.

Re: How obtain libpurple for windows

Kevin Stange
On 02/09/2013 01:11 PM, Peter Lawler wrote:
> On 10/02/13 01:24, Flamaros wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am searching a simple way to obtain the libpurple on Windows, without
>> building pidgin.
>> Is there a prebuilded version?
> Have you tried downloading the .exe installer and getting your
> libpurple.dll out of that?

Actually, there's a zip file release here which would make things easier:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/Pidgin/2.10.6/pidgin-2.10.6-win32-bin.zip/download

That would avoid having to deal with extracting or installing from the
.exe installer.

You can also set up the libpurple build environment on Windows and just
go into the libpurple directory and run "make -f Makefile.mingw
libpurple.dll"  If you're planning to develop against libpurple you
probably need the headers and linker files anyway.

Kevin

On 10/02/13 08:06, Kevin Stange wrote:

> On 02/09/2013 01:11 PM, Peter Lawler wrote:
>> On 10/02/13 01:24, Flamaros wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am searching a simple way to obtain the libpurple on Windows, without
>>> building pidgin.
>>> Is there a prebuilded version?
>> Have you tried downloading the .exe installer and getting your
>> libpurple.dll out of that?
> Actually, there's a zip file release here which would make things easier:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/Pidgin/2.10.6/pidgin-2.10.6-win32-bin.zip/download
>
> That would avoid having to deal with extracting or installing from the
> .exe installer.

Heh, probably. I just looked at the contents of the .exe with an archive
viewer under Linux. I guess there's some under the hood magics going on
there that may not be available natively on W*.