How to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up

How to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up

Sam Lin
Hi All,

I can use python-dbus to send IM message through D-BUS.
ex.

conversation = purple.PurpleConversationNew(1,acc,"foo@bar")
im = purple.PurpleConversationGetImData(conversation)
purple.PurpleConvImSend(im,"hi")
But the call purple.PurpleConversationNew () will fork pidgin dialog UI up.
Is there any way to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up ?

Thanks,
Sam

Re: How to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
* Sam Lin had this to say on [05 Sep 2008, 18:12:52 +0800]:

> Hi All,
>
> I can use python-dbus to send IM message through D-BUS.
> ex.

> im = purple.PurpleConversationGetImData(conversation)
> purple.PurpleConvImSend(im,"hi")
>
> But the call purple.PurpleConversationNew () will fork pidgin dialog UI up.

What exactly do you mean?

> Is there any way to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up ?

The above code should work (and does for me). Perhaps you can create a
small sample code where it doesn't work?

Sadrul

Re: How to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up

Sam Lin
The code works by opening a window on screen normally.

What I want to do is sending a message in background/command line without opening any
UI on screen.

Sam

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury 提到:
* Sam Lin had this to say on [05 Sep 2008, 18:12:52 +0800]:

Hi All,

I can use python-dbus to send IM message through D-BUS.
ex.

im = purple.PurpleConversationGetImData(conversation)
purple.PurpleConvImSend(im,"hi")

But the call purple.PurpleConversationNew () will fork pidgin dialog UI up.

What exactly do you mean?

Is there any way to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up ?

The above code should work (and does for me). Perhaps you can create a
small sample code where it doesn't work?

Sadrul

Re: How to send IM message through D-BUS without forking UI up

sasi.jolla
I am working on pidgin-dbus integration with my java project. Me too getting the same thing i.e forking up the chat window even when I am sending message from java program. Is there any way to avoid this?