Insert Image

David Nelson
I'm just learning Pidgin 2.12.0 that I installed a few days ago.  Everything looks good except the inability to Insert Images.  I've since learned that only certain protocols can do this.  Is Facebook included?  I want to send pictures to Facebook contacts.

I saw someone had made a patch for Inserting Images, but I couldn't figure it out.  Do you know of a patch that works?

How about a plugin?

If I can't Insert Images I'll have to keep searching for another IM.

Can anybody help?

Thank you,
David

Re: Insert Image

Eion Robb-3
Hi David,

You're correct that its up to the individual protocol and protocol plugin to support image sending. You're also right that the Facebook plugin doesn't support this at present. What's the patch you've found for adding support for that, do you have a link?

Cheers,
Eion

On 20/06/2017 05:12, "David Nelson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm just learning Pidgin 2.12.0 that I installed a few days ago.  Everything looks good except the inability to Insert Images.  I've since learned that only certain protocols can do this.  Is Facebook included?  I want to send pictures to Facebook contacts.

I saw someone had made a patch for Inserting Images, but I couldn't figure it out.  Do you know of a patch that works?

How about a plugin?

If I can't Insert Images I'll have to keep searching for another IM.

Can anybody help?

Thank you,
David

Re: Insert Image

Eion Robb-3
Hi David,

Thanks for the follow up. In future please reply-all in case someone else on the support mailing list is able to reply instead.

Unfortunately the patch you've linked to is for XMPP/Jabber and not for Facebook.

Cheers,
Eion

On 20/06/2017 12:18, "David Nelson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eion,

Thanks for writing back so quickly.  I'm not sure I read the website correctly, and I certainly couldn't follow it to fix attaching images, but you might be interested to check it out.  If there is something to it, please let me know.

David