Jabber

Matthew Surles
Do you all still support Jabber? I am not getting my messages and don't know why. If not then how to I access Jabber? Thank you

Re: Jabber

Eion Robb-3
Hi Matthew,

Yes, XMPP is still a core part of Pidgin.

To help understand your problem, are you able to give us a bit more info to work with:
* Are you able to send messages?
* Are you able to connect to the account?
* What is the XMPP server that you're trying to use that has the problem?
* Do other XMPP servers on the same Pidgin install have the same problem?
* Are you getting an error message when sending/receiving/connecting/something?
* Do you see online users on the buddy list/roster?
* Does the account show as enabled, or is it greyed out in the Accounts list?
* Can you supply a debug log (from the buddy list, Help->Debug Window) while you're supposed to be receiving a message?

Cheers,
Eion

On 30 May 2017 at 04:02, Matthew Surles <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you all still support Jabber? I am not getting my messages and don't know why. If not then how to I access Jabber? Thank you

Re: Jabber

Eion Robb-3
Hi Matthew,

In future, please reply-all to the support list so that other people are able to help.

Since you're using dukgo.com you would have been receiving popup notices about them shutting down their XMPP services over the past couple of months.  https://duck.co/blog/post/4/xmpp-services-at-duckduckgo has a bit more info about it.  You'll need to find another XMPP provider to be able to continue using XMPP.

Cheers,
Eion

On 31 May 2017 at 10:53, Matthew Surles <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not able to send messages. It just keeps giving me the error "Unable to connect". I've even tried to add another profile, download other messengers and the same thing is happening. The domain is dukgo.com I'm not sure if that's the server or not. New instant message is greyed out. This is the debug log.

(17:52:37) util: Writing file prefs.xml to directory C:\Users\Mastermind\AppData\Roaming\.purple
(17:52:37) util: Writing file C:\Users\Mastermind\AppData\Roaming\.purple\prefs.xml

Not sure what's going on.