Mailing list settings

Mark Doliner
FYI I'm changing this list back to reject mail from people not on the
list instead of holding it.  For some reason this list gets between 30
and 50 spam emails a day, and I'm not willing to scan through the
subjects/senders of all of them every day for such a low traffic list.
 If anyone else wants to then Luke or Sean or I can add you as the
list admin and you can change the setting.

-Mark

Re: Mailing list settings

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> FYI I'm changing this list back to reject mail from people not on the
> list instead of holding it.  For some reason this list gets between 30
> and 50 spam emails a day, and I'm not willing to scan through the
> subjects/senders of all of them every day for such a low traffic list.
>  If anyone else wants to then Luke or Sean or I can add you as the
> list admin and you can change the setting.

I would be happy to add board@ to the discussion@ spam filter, if you
like.  discussion@ seems to get a minimum of spam.

for evils].  They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor
determined to commit crimes.

Re: Mailing list settings

Mark Doliner
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> FYI I'm changing this list back to reject mail from people not on the
>> list instead of holding it.  For some reason this list gets between 30
>> and 50 spam emails a day, and I'm not willing to scan through the
>> subjects/senders of all of them every day for such a low traffic list.
>>  If anyone else wants to then Luke or Sean or I can add you as the
>> list admin and you can change the setting.
>
> I would be happy to add board@ to the discussion@ spam filter, if you
> like.  discussion@ seems to get a minimum of spam.
>
> Ethan

That seems like a good idea to me.  It shouldn't really harm anything,
right?  I guess we weren't doing any spam filtering on
[hidden email]?  I didn't realize that.

Thanks,
Mark