Meeting Minutes from 2016-06-07 meeting

Luke Schierer-5
IM Freedom board meeting 2016-06-07 19:00 EDT using https://www.freeconference.com/

Meeting called to order at 19:05 EDT.

President - Sean Egan: present
Vice President - Mark Doliner: present
Secretary - Luke Schierer: present
Treasurer - Ethan Blanton: present
Director - John Bailey : present
Director - Evan Schoenberg: not present
Director - Mark Spencer: not present

Gary: present

Approve minutes

Read previous meeting minutes from http://imfreedom.org/minutes-20130415.php

Meeting minutes approved unanimously.

Treasurer’s Report:

2013: opened with $23523.18
        closed with $26318.16
                income
                        $695.76 in affiliate payments
                        $10505.00 in donations
                        $2880.11 in SoC mentor stipends & travel reimbursement
                        $5.84 interest
                        $44.00 from Spreadshirt
                expenses
                        $10000.00 in development funding to Tomasz Wasilczyk
                        $455.00 in banking and paypal fees
                        $880.11 reimbursement to Elliot Sales de Andrade for SoC travel

        Mark informs us that “affiliate payments” are from SourceForge, due to the traffic we direct them, and the ads they thus get to display. See the "SourceForge.net Accelerator Program"

2014: opened with $26318.16
        closed with $26689.04
                Income:
                        $549.66 in affiliate payments
                        $15000.00 in donations
                        $4.94 interest
                        $27.00 from Spreadshirt
                Expenses:
                        $15000.00 in development funding to Tomasz Wasilczyk
                        $165.34 in banking and paypal fees
                        $45.38 in unrecorded expenses (presumed to be paypal fees)
2015: opened with $26689.04
        closed with $27254.17
                Income:
                        $576.45 in affiliate payments
                        $4.95 interest
                Expenses:
                        $16.27 in banking and paypal fees
        The SoC payment did not arrive until 2016.
Treasure’s report approved unanimously.

Officer and director elections
        * Sean would like to step down from the board.He would particularly like to step down as president.
        * Mark Domineer would also like to step down.
        * Motion to re-elect current board members, with a period of seeking for replacements for those who wish to step down.
                Passed unanimously.

Old Business: Ethan has still not been payed from 2013.This will be taken care of in 2016.

New Business:

        * We stopped receiving notices from our representation in Delaware.
        * We thus stopped paying bills.We need to restart this to have a physical presence in Delaware, and avoid tax problems.
        * We are suspended from the Point of view of the State of Delaware.
                We have not been filing our annual reports.
        * motion that the treasure can pay the representation bill annually upon notifying the board that [s]he has is doing so, and provided that the bill does not change significantly from the previous year.
                Approved unanimously.

adjourned at 19:30 EDT.

Re: Meeting Minutes from 2016-06-07 meeting

Mark Doliner
Thanks, Luke! I sprinkled some awful HTML into the minutes and
uploaded it to the IM Freedom website:
https://imfreedom.org/minutes-20160607.php

Gary: I pushed my changes to ssh://[hidden email]/www/imfreedom As
far as I can tell that's still the source of truth for that repo (I
didn't see it in Bitbucket). Sorry if that was the wrong thing to do!

Regarding the SourceForge Accelerator Program:
I can see download counts and payments made to us at
https://sourceforge.net/accelerator/ I would expect other logged-in
admins for the Pidgin SourceForge project to see the same thing, but
it wouldn't surprise me if the dashboard was only enabled for me. We
could probably contact SourceForge and ask them if other people could
get access if people are concerned about this.

Regarding the IM Freedom PayPal account:
I believe Ethan and I are the two people who currently have access. We
created it specifically to receive payments from the SourceForge
Accelerator Program. I thought PayPal recognized us as a non-profit,
but the lack of a green check mark next to "Confirm your charity
status" at https://www.paypal.com/activation/businessSetup#account
makes me think otherwise. Ethan: Looks like they want an image of a
bank statement or voided check:
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/compliancespartaweb/verifycharity

Regarding the unaccounted for $45.38 from the first few months of 2014:
Ethan, I'm able to view all account activity back to June 8, 2013 (the
date we opened the account, I presume) by going to
https://www.paypal.com/businessexp/transactions# and using the
calendar date range pickers. It requires a stupid amount of clicking,
but it works. And I can do the same thing on the "Activity including
balance & fees" tab which allows me to view all fees. I don't see any
transactions or fees for $45.38. Anyway, I'm not worried about it.

--Mark

Re: Meeting Minutes from 2016-06-07 meeting

Sean Egan
You can probably fix the spelling of your name in the minutes, Mr. Domineer. :)

Gary: I pushed my changes to ssh://hg@.../www/imfreedom As

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Sean Egan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can probably fix the spelling of your name in the minutes, Mr. Domineer.

Done! ...I didn't want to take any liberties with the sanctity of The Minutes.

Re: Meeting Minutes from 2016-06-07 meeting

Luke Schierer-4
Sorry about that Mark, the spell checker kept doing that, I thought I
had caught them all.

Luke

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 11:32:30PM -0700, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Sean Egan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > You can probably fix the spelling of your name in the minutes, Mr. Domineer.
>
> Done! ...I didn't want to take any liberties with the sanctity of The Minutes.

Re: Meeting Minutes from 2016-06-07 meeting

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.
On Jun 7, 2016, at 8:18 PM, Luke Schierer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Officer and director elections
> * Sean would like to step down from the board.He would particularly like to step down as president.
> * Mark Domineer would also like to step down.
> * Motion to re-elect current board members, with a period of seeking for replacements for those who wish to step down.
> Passed unanimously.

Thank you, Luke.

I’m sorry I was out of pocket and couldn’t attend — and in fact missed the discussion of timing until after the fact.

As most of you probably know, I’m no longer active with Adium, so I add my voice to Mark and Sean — I’d be happy to step down in favor of someone who might have more valuable contributions to IMF.

-Evan

Re: Meeting Minutes from 2016-06-07 meeting

Ethan Blanton-3
Evan Schoenberg spake unto us the following wisdom:
> As most of you probably know, I’m no longer active with Adium, so I
> add my voice to Mark and Sean — I’d be happy to step down in favor of
> someone who might have more valuable contributions to IMF.

If you do so, I would strongly like for us to find an active Adium
developer to sit on the board.

Re: Meeting Minutes from 2016-06-07 meeting

Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Regarding the unaccounted for $45.38 from the first few months of 2014:
> Ethan, I'm able to view all account activity back to June 8, 2013 (the
> date we opened the account, I presume) by going to
> https://www.paypal.com/businessexp/transactions# and using the
> calendar date range pickers. It requires a stupid amount of clicking,
> but it works. And I can do the same thing on the "Activity including
> balance & fees" tab which allows me to view all fees. I don't see any
> transactions or fees for $45.38. Anyway, I'm not worried about it.

Perfect!  I was using a completely different interface to get at
exactly the same information, except it didn't go back as far.

I have isolated the discrepancies (there were several), and it all
basically boils down to miscalculated fees.  One transaction that I
thought was handled in a fee-free way, in particular, incurred
substantial fees.  Another transaction that I have recorded elsewhere
did not make it into the electronic books.

Everything balances now and agrees completely with the 2015
start-of-year total (which I knew was correct) with no missing
transactions.

I will be submitting an amended 2014 treasurer's report to the list
shortly.