Meeting soon?

John Bailey-4
Hey, guys,

Historically we seem to have preferred the month of April for our annual board
meeting.  We're getting closer to that time of the year again, so it's probably
a good idea to start trying to schedule that meeting.

I am available any day in April except April 10.  April 15 or 16 work best for
me, as I have those days off from work and wouldn't be held up or interrupted,
but I can make any other day except the 10th work.

What does everyone else think?  Also, I assume we'd like to continue the use of
a conference bridge to have a call-in meeting instead of the mess we've done
before in the [hidden email] XMPP MUC?

John

Re: Meeting soon?

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.

On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM, John Bailey wrote:

Hey, guys,

Historically we seem to have preferred the month of April for our annual board
meeting. We're getting closer to that time of the year again, so it's probably
a good idea to start trying to schedule that meeting.

I am available any day in April except April 10. April 15 or 16 work best for
me, as I have those days off from work and wouldn't be held up or interrupted,
but I can make any other day except the 10th work.

What does everyone else think?
Either 4/15 or 4/16, at or after 5:30 PM CDT, would work for me.
Also, I assume we'd like to continue the use of
a conference bridge to have a call-in meeting instead of the mess we've done
before in the [hidden email] XMPP MUC?

Agreed!

-Evan

Re: Meeting soon?

Luke Schierer-5

On Mar 17, 2013, at 14:26 EDT, "Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM, John Bailey wrote:
>
>> Hey, guys,
>>
>> Historically we seem to have preferred the month of April for our annual board
>> meeting. We're getting closer to that time of the year again, so it's probably
>> a good idea to start trying to schedule that meeting.
>>
>> I am available any day in April except April 10. April 15 or 16 work best for
>> me, as I have those days off from work and wouldn't be held up or interrupted,
>> but I can make any other day except the 10th work.
>>
>> What does everyone else think?
> Either 4/15 or 4/16, at or after 5:30 PM CDT, would work for me.
>> Also, I assume we'd like to continue the use of
>> a conference bridge to have a call-in meeting instead of the mess we've done
>> before in the [hidden email] XMPP MUC?
>
> Agreed!

I cannot do Tuesdays in general, nor can I do the 5th or 10th.

Luke

Re: Meeting soon?

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Luke Schierer wrote:

On Mar 17, 2013, at 14:26 EDT, "Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D." <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM, John Bailey wrote:
I am available any day in April except April 10. April 15 or 16 work best for
me, as I have those days off from work and wouldn't be held up or interrupted,
but I can make any other day except the 10th work.

What does everyone else think?
Either 4/15 or 4/16, at or after 5:30 PM CDT, would work for me.

I cannot do Tuesdays in general, nor can I do the 5th or 10th.
So far we have Monday 4/15 at or after 5:30 PM as the intersection of John, Luke, and myself.  Sean, Mark, Ethan, and Mark₂, would that work fro you?

-Evan

Re: Meeting soon?

Mark Doliner
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So far we have Monday 4/15 at or after 5:30 PM as the intersection of John,
> Luke, and myself.  Sean, Mark, Ethan, and Mark₂, would that work fro you?

Yes, that works for me.

Re: Meeting soon?

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > So far we have Monday 4/15 at or after 5:30 PM as the intersection of John,
> > Luke, and myself.  Sean, Mark, Ethan, and Mark₂, would that work fro you?
>
> Yes, that works for me.

That probably works for me; 5:30 EST on the nose may be a bit touchy.
If I cannot make it, however, I can certainly submit the treasurer's
report in writing ahead of time.

Re: Meeting soon?

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Ethan Blanton wrote:

Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
So far we have Monday 4/15 at or after 5:30 PM as the intersection of John,
Luke, and myself. Sean, Mark, Ethan, and Mark₂, would that work fro you?

Yes, that works for me.

That probably works for me; 5:30 EST on the nose may be a bit touchy.
If I cannot make it, however, I can certainly submit the treasurer's
report in writing ahead of time.

I apologize; I failed to include the time zone in my summary.

I'm not available until 5:30 CDT, which would be 6:30 EDT.  Later in the evening is fine for me, too, and neither Luke nor John indicated a time preference.

-Evan

Re: Meeting soon?

Mark Doliner
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm not available until 5:30 CDT, which would be 6:30 EDT.  Later in the
> evening is fine for me, too, and neither Luke nor John indicated a time
> preference.

6:30pm EDT on Mon Apr 15 works for me.  That's equivalent to 22:30
GMT/UTC and 15:30 PDT.

Re: Meeting soon?

Mark Doliner
(mostly just replying so you can see Masca's question, since he's
currently not allowed to post to the board mailing list)

Masca asked if it's possible to record this call.  I think that would
be nice to have.  We could maybe consider using Google Hangouts On
Air.  I haven't used it before, but I _think_ it would allow us to
voice (and optionally video and text) chat, broadcast the meeting to
anyone who wants to watch it live, and also record it for playback at
any time in the future.  Just throwing that out there.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Jorge Villaseñor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Do you know if there is a way to record the call?

Re: Meeting soon?

Luke Schierer-5
I would like to remind everyone that a discussion list was set up, that non-board members can post to.

Luke

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Luke Schierer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to remind everyone that a discussion list was set up, that non-board members can post to.

I'm curious... do people think it's useful to have two separate
mailing lists?  It might be simpler if we have a single discussion
mailing list that we also use for general board discussion, planning,
and voting.

Re: Meeting soon?

Luke Schierer-5

On Mar 19, 2013, at 20:38 EDT, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Luke Schierer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to remind everyone that a discussion list was set up, that non-board members can post to.
>
> I'm curious... do people think it's useful to have two separate
> mailing lists?  It might be simpler if we have a single discussion
> mailing list that we also use for general board discussion, planning,
> and voting.

We obviously though it useful at one point, but I cannot remember why.

Luke

Re: Meeting soon?

Ethan Blanton-3
Luke Schierer spake unto us the following wisdom:
> We obviously though it useful at one point, but I cannot remember why.

I think the idea is that board@ is more the official record of actions
of the board, and used only for things like this -- scheduling
meetings, taking votes, etc.  discussion@ is for anything that has
anything at all to do with IMF's mission.

That said, I have no strong feelings that this division is either
helpful or hurtful.

Re: Meeting soon?

Mark Doliner
Just a reminder that the board meeting is 24.75 hours from now.
Specifically, Monday April 14 at
22:30 GMT/UTC
18:30 EDT
15:30 PDT

I looked into Google Hangouts and I don't think it's a good solution.
I think it will be easier for us to dial into a conference call
number.  I found a random free service called Rondee that's pretty
easy to use and provides recordings.  How about we try that?  Is
everyone ok with dialing a non-tollfree US number?

Dial: (409) 777-9000 or (916) 209-4534
PIN: 8398876

Anyone is welcome to call in (including non-board members), but please
don't speak during the meeting if you're not on the board.  I imagine
some of us will be hanging out in [hidden email] and
[hidden email] on XMPP during the meeting, if you have
questions or things to share.

If anyone is curious, here's the story with Google Handouts:
Normal Google Hangouts allow the initiator to invite Google users who
have a computer with microphone and speakers/headphones, and it allows
the initiator to dial phone numbers and have them join the meeting.
It's mildly inconvenient for the initiator to have to invite and dial
people, and it's not possible to record the call.

"Google Hangouts On Air" is similar to the above.  Differences are
that it automatically records a video and posts it on YouTube, which
is convenient, but unfortunately it does not allow dialog telephones,
and I'm guessing that will be inconvenient for some people.

Re: Meeting soon?

Mark Doliner
30 minute reminder!