Microsoft Surface Pro compatibility?

Jessica Stark
Hello,

I'm just checking to confirm Pidgin should run perfectly fine on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 while docked or in tablet mode. I've heard a bit of conflicting information about compatibility (though some of those may have been people using old plugins or other factors creating issues?) about if it will have any issues or be fine to work as-is.

Thanks for the help.

__

Jessica

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro compatibility?

Eion Robb-3
Hi Jessica,

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to run Pidgin on a Surface Pro.  The touch-screen scrolling can sometimes be a bit fiddly, but I've made a plugin that will make the scrolling smoother on touchscreens https://github.com/EionRobb/pidgin-windows-smooth-scrolling

Would you be able to explain some of the info you've heard about Pidgin not being compatible, as it would be good to try to dispel some of the rumours :)

Cheers,
Eion