Pidgin Windows Installer Translations

Richard Laager
What is required to get a new language to show up in the list on the
first screen of the Pidgin Windows installer?

Specifically, I'm asking for our es_AR translator. es_AR shows up in the
list of localizations one can install (and works if PIDGINLANG=es_AR is
set). But there is no "Español (Argentina)" in the initial screen.

--
Richard

Re: Pidgin Windows Installer Translations

Daniel Atallah-2
There are a couple things that go into this.

1. NSIS doesn't support all languages and that list only includes languages supported by NSIS (this is why es_AR isn't available)
2. We only include languages that have > 50% of the installer keys translated

-D

Bugzilla from bjoernv@arcor.de
Daniel Atallah wrote:
> 2. We only include languages that have > 50% of the installer keys
> translated
Personally I think, that the 50% limit of translated keys (for installer
and program?) is too low. 50% means, that the installer (or program) has
a mixed language, 50% English, 50% the translated language.

Greetings,
Björn