Pidgin acting strange

Shannon Mead
Good morning,

Our company uses pidgin in combination with bonjour to provide inter
office messaging. I have two computers out of 30 that just will not
work. The pidgin installs and they can send messages but other
workstations cannot see them nor can they respond to them. These two
computers are running Windows 10 32 bit system. The other stations are
running Windows 10 64bit and have no issues with Pidgin. Is this a bug
or do we need to perhaps consider updating our bonjour software?

Thank you,

--
Shannon Mead
Production Dept.

Re: Pidgin acting strange

Eion Robb-3
Hi there,

Are there any other differences besides architecture?   Like, are they on a different subnet, or using ipv6/4 when the others arent?

Are you able to get a debug log from Pidgin (from the buddy list, Help->Debug Window) as one of the failing computers tries to connect to Bonjour?

Cheers,
Eion

On 11 March 2017 at 07:24, Shannon Mead <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning,

Our company uses pidgin in combination with bonjour to provide inter office messaging. I have two computers out of 30 that just will not work. The pidgin installs and they can send messages but other workstations cannot see them nor can they respond to them. These two computers are running Windows 10 32 bit system. The other stations are running Windows 10 64bit and have no issues with Pidgin. Is this a bug or do we need to perhaps consider updating our bonjour software?

Thank you,

--
Shannon Mead
Production Dept.
West Valley View Inc.
[hidden email]
623-535-8439 ext. 170

Re: Pidgin acting strange

Eion Robb-3
Hi Shannon,

Unfortunately those logs weren't enough to work with.  Ideally we need a captured log when you reconnect to the Bonjour account.  The easiest way to do this is to open the debug window, then disable and reenable the Bonjour account and then save the log to file after that.

(Also, make sure to cc the support@ list so that others can help)

Cheers,
Eion

On 14 March 2017 at 07:32, Shannon Mead <[hidden email]> wrote:

Eion,

I apologize I sent you the wrong info we are all running in the IPV4 not 6

thanks,

Shannon Mead
Production Dept.
West Valley View Inc.
[hidden email]
623-535-8439 ext. 170
On 3/11/2017 12:25 AM, Eion Robb wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much for your email. I have attached the log with the disable and re-enable of the bonjour account. I hope this helps. I am honestly wondering if perhaps it is a bonjour issue. We used to have an apple (mac) server and last year we integrated to a windows server and upgraded all of our computers to Windows 10.

Thank you,

Shannon Mead
Production Dept.
West Valley View Inc.
[hidden email]
623-535-8439 ext. 170
On 3/13/2017 12:28 PM, Eion Robb wrote:
[...]

Alex-purple-debug.log (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Pidgin acting strange

Eion Robb-3
Hi again,

Thanks for the log.  :)

Is the Alex computer the one that's not seeing the messages?  Can you also get a debug log of trying to send and receive a message from a computer that works and one that doesnt?

Cheers,
Eion

On 14 March 2017 at 09:18, Shannon Mead <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi there, ok so yes Alex's computer is the one that we cannot get messages through. She does not appear on our buddies windows yet she can see us. I did notice in the debug windows that there are two errors appearing. I attached Alex-purple-debug for you to view. Also I attached the Working-purple so you could see the working message between two of the workstations that are not having issues.

Thank you so much for your help with this,

Shannon Mead
Production Dept.
West Valley View Inc.
[hidden email]
623-535-8439 ext. 170
On 3/13/2017 1:41 PM, Eion Robb wrote:
[...]

Alex-purple-debug.log (2K) Download Attachment
Working-purple-debug.log (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Pidgin acting strange

Shannon Mead

Hi there,

I have attached jpgs of the firewall apps allowed for you to see in case perhaps it is the firewall and something is not quite right for access.

[...]

Firewall-Alex2.jpg (192K) Download Attachment
Firewall-Alex1.jpg (172K) Download Attachment