Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Mark Doliner
Tomasz, Ethan and I have been talking more with Ben, our contact from
Google. They intend to donate 20000 USD to us with the hope of the
money going to Tomasz Wasilczyk for various work on libpurple, Pidgin,
and Adium, with the specific tasks to be decided collectively by us,
the Pidgin developers, the Adium developers, and Tomasz.

I made a Google Doc with an initial set of tasks. It's world-readable
and everyone can add comments (right-click and select 'Comment', or
select Insert-->Comment from the menu bar). Please add suggestions,
corrections, point out problems, etc! Note: Viewing/commenting on the
doc might make your Google account name visible to other people
viewing it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HOLSeBV7Ts336YwKEsg87iC_jhPstzLlNrvnzXzM-DU/edit?usp=sharing

We received 5000 USD at the IMF PayPal account a few hours ago, and I
expect we'll receive the remaining 15000 USD via a check sometime in
the next 3 months. (Smaller amount via PayPal so we can pay Tomasz
quickly, larger amount via Google's standard PO/invoice system, which
is slower but avoids PayPal's transaction fees.)

I have two proposals, with voting to open one week from today (10:00
PST on 2014-01-15).

PROPOSAL #1:
Shall IMF hire Tomasz Wasilczyk now for 5000 USD for work on
libpurple, Pidgin, Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided
by Mark Doliner based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of
libpurple, Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

PROPOSAL #2:
Upon receiving a 15000 USD donation from Google, shall IMF hire Tomasz
Wasilczyk for an additional 15000 USD for work on libpurple, Pidgin,
Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided by Mark Doliner
based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of libpurple,
Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

Re: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Mark Doliner
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> with the exact work to be decided by Mark Doliner based on input from ...

This totally doesn't have to be me, by the way. In fact I'd love to
not do it. I don't think I have enough time to give Tomasz the
attention (code reviews, feedback, oversight) he deserves, but I know
everyone else is busy, too. If anyone is interested in doing this,
please let me know.

Re: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Mark Doliner
Voting for these proposals is now open for the seven board members
listed on https://imfreedom.org/

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> PROPOSAL #1:
> Shall IMF hire Tomasz Wasilczyk now for 5000 USD for work on
> libpurple, Pidgin, Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided
> by Mark Doliner based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of
> libpurple, Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

I vote in favor.

> PROPOSAL #2:
> Upon receiving a 15000 USD donation from Google, shall IMF hire Tomasz
> Wasilczyk for an additional 15000 USD for work on libpurple, Pidgin,
> Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided by Mark Doliner
> based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of libpurple,
> Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

I vote in favor.

Re: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Voting for these proposals is now open for the seven board members
> listed on https://imfreedom.org/
>
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > PROPOSAL #1:
> > Shall IMF hire Tomasz Wasilczyk now for 5000 USD for work on
> > libpurple, Pidgin, Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided
> > by Mark Doliner based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of
> > libpurple, Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

I vote in favor.

> > PROPOSAL #2:
> > Upon receiving a 15000 USD donation from Google, shall IMF hire Tomasz
> > Wasilczyk for an additional 15000 USD for work on libpurple, Pidgin,
> > Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided by Mark Doliner
> > based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of libpurple,
> > Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

I vote in favor.

Re: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Luke Schierer-5

On Jan 15, 2014, at 13:45 EST, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Voting for these proposals is now open for the seven board members
> listed on https://imfreedom.org/
>
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> PROPOSAL #1:
>> Shall IMF hire Tomasz Wasilczyk now for 5000 USD for work on
>> libpurple, Pidgin, Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided
>> by Mark Doliner based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of
>> libpurple, Pidgin, Finch and Adium.
>
> I vote in favor.
I vote in favor.

>> PROPOSAL #2:
>> Upon receiving a 15000 USD donation from Google, shall IMF hire Tomasz
>> Wasilczyk for an additional 15000 USD for work on libpurple, Pidgin,
>> Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided by Mark Doliner
>> based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of libpurple,
>> Pidgin, Finch and Adium.
>
> I vote in favor.

I vote in favor.

Fwd: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Evan Schoenberg-5

On Jan 15, 2014, at 13:45 EST, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Voting for these proposals is now open for the seven board members
> listed on https://imfreedom.org/
>
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> PROPOSAL #1:
>> Shall IMF hire Tomasz Wasilczyk now for 5000 USD for work on
>> libpurple, Pidgin, Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided
>> by Mark Doliner based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of
>> libpurple, Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

I vote in favor.

>> PROPOSAL #2:

>> Upon receiving a 15000 USD donation from Google, shall IMF hire Tomasz
>> Wasilczyk for an additional 15000 USD for work on libpurple, Pidgin,
>> Finch, and Adium, with the exact work to be decided by Mark Doliner
>> based on input from Tomasz and from the developers of libpurple,
>> Pidgin, Finch and Adium.

I vote in favor.

-Evan

Re: Fwd: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

John Bailey-4
On 01/20/2014 07:35 PM, Evan Schoenberg wrote:

> I vote in favor.

I vote in favor as well.

> I vote in favor.
I vote in favor as well.

Hopefully I didn't miss the deadline.

John

Re: Fwd: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Mark Doliner
Voting for these closed a few hours ago.

Votes in favor of both:
- Mark Doliner
- Ethan Blanton
- Luke Schierer
- Evan Schoenberg
- John Bailey

That's 5 out of 7, so both votes pass. Thanks, everyone!

Re: Fwd: Proposal: Another round of paid work for Tomasz

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:

> Voting for these closed a few hours ago.
>
> Votes in favor of both:
> - Mark Doliner
> - Ethan Blanton
> - Luke Schierer
> - Evan Schoenberg
> - John Bailey
>
> That's 5 out of 7, so both votes pass. Thanks, everyone!

I will initiate the process to send Tomasz the initial payment and
then set up the transfers for the second.