Proposal: Move repositories to BitBucket

Proposal: Move repositories to BitBucket

Gary Kramlich
All,

I propose we move the imfreedom repositories, of which there is currently one (the website) to a BitBucket team.  I have preemptively created the team so to ensure that we have it.  I have also currently added all board members who's BitBucket user names's I know.

If this is the way we would like to go, I can create the www repository and push it there.  Due to the limited number of users for this repository I would recommend at this time hiding the version on hg.pidgin.im and making it the source of truth with no synchronization between the two.  If not, I will mark the team private and essentially park it to avoid spoofers/etc in the future.

Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]>

Re: Proposal: Move repositories to BitBucket

Jorge Villaseñor
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

I propose we move the imfreedom repositories, of which there is currently one (the website) to a BitBucket team.  I have preemptively created the team so to ensure that we have it.  I have also currently added all board members who's BitBucket user names's I know.

If this is the way we would like to go, I can create the www repository and push it there.  Due to the limited number of users for this repository I would recommend at this time hiding the version on hg.pidgin.im and making it the source of truth with no synchronization between the two.  If not, I will mark the team private and essentially park it to avoid spoofers/etc in the future.

Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]>

That sounds like a good idea. It will help to give the message that IMF is not just for pidgin but an independent body.

--
Masca

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

On 06/08/2016 11:43 AM, Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
> That sounds like a good idea. It will help to give the message that IMF
> is not just for pidgin but an independent body.

As I mentioned in my post to [hidden email], I have marked hg.pidgin.im
read-only for all but root users.  As such I have cloned the imfreedom
www repository to a new home at https://bitbucket.org/imfreedom/www .

Feel free to question/comment/flame/etc.

> --
> Masca
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?