Re: Cannot connect to IRC (Freenode)

diego nieto cid
Hello

El lun., 19 sept. 2016 a las 22:17, Ethan Blanton (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Diego Nieto Cid spake unto us the following wisdom:

> So it looks like Freenode started accepting the EXTERNAL mechanism which I
> don't know how to configure in Pidgin.

I don't think it can be.

I've been doing some research about recent Freenode changes and found a blog post[*] published September 18th which claims EXTERNAL has been enabled for clients connecting through Tor.

I'm CCing devel because it seems the thread[+] became a bit technical. Sorry about that, I thought it was just a configuration issue at first.

Regards
Diego