Re: Staging 2.12.0

Richard Laager
Adding [hidden email].

Translators should start updating now!

There *have* been string changes. For example, we removed mentions of
PRPLs that have been removed.

Regardless, Gary, I think you should schedule the release ASAP. If you
give me the deadline for translation commits, I'll do my best to pull in
translation updates before then. But don't hold up the release on them.

--
Richard

Re: Staging 2.12.0

Piotr Drąg

> Adding [hidden email].
>
> Translators should start updating now!
>
> There *have* been string changes. For example, we removed mentions of
> PRPLs that have been removed.
>
> Regardless, Gary, I think you should schedule the release ASAP. If you
> give me the deadline for translation commits, I'll do my best to pull in
> translation updates before then. But don't hold up the release on them.

A new release is always appreciated - I have months' worth of bug
fixes waiting for Polish users. :)

When can we expect a new POT file uploaded to Transifex?

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg
https://piotrdrag.fedorapeople.org

Re: Staging 2.12.0

Gary Kramlich
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Richard Laager <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adding [hidden email].
>
> Translators should start updating now!
>
> There *have* been string changes. For example, we removed mentions of
> PRPLs that have been removed.
>
> Regardless, Gary, I think you should schedule the release ASAP. If you
> give me the deadline for translation commits, I'll do my best to pull in
> translation updates before then. But don't hold up the release on them.

The current date for the AIM change over is 20161016.  That said,
dequis thinks we might be alright if we miss that date (see support@).

> --
> Richard

Gary Kramlich <[hidden email]>

Re: Staging 2.12.0

Richard Laager
On 10/14/2016 10:02 AM, Piotr Drąg wrote:
> When can we expect a new POT file uploaded to Transifex?

I just uploaded one now, for 2.x.y.

I can't remember if we had to manually do this before. Either way, we
should look into automating this at some point.

--
Richard

Re: Staging 2.12.0

Gary Kramlich

On Oct 14, 2016 3:43 PM, "Richard Laager" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/14/2016 10:02 AM, Piotr Drąg wrote:
> > When can we expect a new POT file uploaded to Transifex?
>
> I just uploaded one now, for 2.x.y.
>
> I can't remember if we had to manually do this before. Either way, we
> should look into automating this at some point.

I started looking at that but it appeared to send an email notification to everyone on update. If there's a way to turn that off, cool otherwise we can limit it to once a week or something, or see if we can detect a change.

> --
> Richard

Re: Staging 2.12.0

Piotr Drąg

> On Oct 14, 2016 3:43 PM, "Richard Laager" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/14/2016 10:02 AM, Piotr Drąg wrote:
>> > When can we expect a new POT file uploaded to Transifex?
>>
>> I just uploaded one now, for 2.x.y.
>>
>> I can't remember if we had to manually do this before. Either way, we
>> should look into automating this at some point.
>
> I started looking at that but it appeared to send an email notification to
> everyone on update. If there's a way to turn that off, cool otherwise we can
> limit it to once a week or something, or see if we can detect a change.

AFAIK, the notification isn't send when there are no changes in the
uploaded POT file.

Best regards,