SSL certificate error - Unable to validate certificate

SSL certificate error - Unable to validate certificate

Frank Bratman
Can you please help me. I have used this app for years and now a
problem. I have accepted it many times.

Frank

cert.JPG (39K) Download Attachment

Re: SSL certificate error - Unable to validate certificate

Eion Robb-3
Hi Frank,

What version of Pidgin are you using?  On what operating system?

Cheers,
Eion

On 24 May 2017 at 10:12, Frank Bratman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you please help me. I have used this app for years and now a problem. I have accepted it many times.

Frank

Re: SSL certificate error - Unable to validate certificate

David Woolley (E.L)
On 23/05/17 23:12, Frank Bratman wrote:
> Can you please help me. I have used this app for years and now a
> problem. I have accepted it many times.

It looks to me as though you have failed to keep your root certificates
up to date (quite possibly an OS level thing) and gmail has started
using newer one.  Using View Certificate may give a better clue.

Re: SSL certificate error - Unable to validate certificate

Frank Bratman
I have reinstalled pidgin and it has seemed to stop. Thank you and I
will let you know if it continues.

THX