Unable to login

BRANDON HEISHMAN
I am not able to log into my Facebook messaging thru Pidgin. I keep getting this error message,Null value for $.viewer.message_threads.sync_sequence_id. I have tried to reenter my Facebook password A few times, no luck at all.My desktop OS is Windows 7 SP-1 32 bit.

Re: Unable to login

Eion Robb-3
Hi Brandon,

You'll need to upgrade your version of the Facebook plugin - see https://git.io/vSsHB for more info.

Cheers,
Eion

On 2 May 2017 at 04:44, BRANDON HEISHMAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not able to log into my Facebook messaging thru Pidgin. I keep getting this error message,Null value for $.viewer.message_threads.sync_sequence_id. I have tried to reenter my Facebook password A few times, no luck at all.My desktop OS is Windows 7 SP-1 32 bit.

Re: Unable to login

BRANDON HEISHMAN
Ok. I have don what you asked but still have problems with it connecting. I have sent you a few screenshots of what I did.

On Monday, May 1, 2017 5:44 PM, Eion Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

You'll need to upgrade your version of the Facebook plugin - see https://git.io/vSsHB for more info.

Cheers,
Eion

On 2 May 2017 at 04:44, BRANDON HEISHMAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not able to log into my Facebook messaging thru Pidgin. I keep getting this error message,Null value for $.viewer.message_threads.sync_ sequence_id. I have tried to reenter my Facebook password A few times, no luck at all.My desktop OS is Windows 7 SP-1 32 bit.

Screenshot 2017-05-01 18.47.32.png (259K) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2017-05-01 18.48.25.png (279K) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2017-05-01 18.50.32.png (251K) Download Attachment

Re: Unable to login

Eion Robb-3
Hi again,

You might have an older copy of the Facebook plugin in %appdata%\.purple\plugins folder.  Make sure you don't have any libfacebook dll's in there.  Also, can you find what version of the Facebook plugin you're using by opening Help->Plugin information, and scrolling about 2/5ths of the way down to the Facebook plugin and attach a screenshot of that, eg Inline images 1

Cheers,
Eion

On 2 May 2017 at 10:55, BRANDON HEISHMAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok. I have don what you asked but still have problems with it connecting. I have sent you a few screenshots of what I did.

On Monday, May 1, 2017 5:44 PM, Eion Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

You'll need to upgrade your version of the Facebook plugin - see https://git.io/vSsHB for more info.

Cheers,
Eion

On 2 May 2017 at 04:44, BRANDON HEISHMAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not able to log into my Facebook messaging thru Pidgin. I keep getting this error message,Null value for $.viewer.message_threads.sync_ sequence_id. I have tried to reenter my Facebook password A few times, no luck at all.My desktop OS is Windows 7 SP-1 32 bit.

Re: Unable to login

Eion Robb-3
Hi Brandon,

It looks like you've still got an old copy of the Facebook plugin from 2015, you'll want to remove all old copies of the dll and upgrade to the latest version of the plugin.

Cheers,
Eion

(please CC the support mailing list with your replies, so that others can help)

On 2 May 2017 at 14:34, BRANDON HEISHMAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did what you asked. There are 2 screenshots of what I found out.