Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Mark Doliner
Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end at 11:59PM
PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.  The secretary will
record the votes as received via e-mail.  Provided a quorum of four directors
have submitted votes by the deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority
vote.

Proposal

Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus those sections
marked "Hospital Insert"?

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Luke Schierer-5
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 02:00:14AM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:

> Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end at 11:59PM
> PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.  The secretary will
> record the votes as received via e-mail.  Provided a quorum of four directors
> have submitted votes by the deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority
> vote.
>
> Proposal
>
> Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
> hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus those sections
> marked "Hospital Insert"?

Just as a note, anyone not on the board list who has an opinion or would
like to bring something to our attention can post at
[hidden email]

Thanks!
Luke

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Nathan Walp-2
Mark Doliner wrote:

> Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end at 11:59PM
> PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.  The secretary will
> record the votes as received via e-mail.  Provided a quorum of four directors
> have submitted votes by the deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority
> vote.
>
> Proposal
>
> Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
> hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus those sections
> marked "Hospital Insert"?

I vote "Yes"

-Nathan Walp

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Mark Doliner
On Wed, 28 May 2008 02:00:14 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote

> Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end
> at 11:59PM PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.
> The secretary will record the votes as received via e-mail.
> Provided a quorum of four directors have submitted votes by the
> deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority vote.
>
> Proposal
>
> Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
> hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus
> those sections marked "Hospital Insert"?

I vote in favor of adopting this conflict of interest policy.

I very much agree with the ideals of the conflict of interest policy, but
there are two things that seem like they'll be a minor hassle:

1. Article VI says we're each supposed to sign a statement that we've read and
understand the conflict of interest policy.  Maybe some sort of digital
signature would suffice?

2. Article VII says we're supposed to conduct periodic reviews to make sure
our spending is fair and conforms to our goals.  If we're not spending much
money, and don't have deals or partnerships with people on our board then I
would think this isn't really needed.

-Mark

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Mark Spencer-2
I also vote to support it!

Mark

On Wed, 28 May 2008 02:00:14 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote

> Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end
> at 11:59PM PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.
> The secretary will record the votes as received via e-mail.
> Provided a quorum of four directors have submitted votes by the
> deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority vote.
>
> Proposal
>
> Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
> hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus
> those sections marked "Hospital Insert"?

I vote in favor of adopting this conflict of interest policy.

I very much agree with the ideals of the conflict of interest policy, but
there are two things that seem like they'll be a minor hassle:

1. Article VI says we're each supposed to sign a statement that we've read and
understand the conflict of interest policy.  Maybe some sort of digital
signature would suffice?

2. Article VII says we're supposed to conduct periodic reviews to make sure
our spending is fair and conforms to our goals.  If we're not spending much
money, and don't have deals or partnerships with people on our board then I
would think this isn't really needed.

-Mark

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Luke Schierer-5
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 02:00:14AM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:

> Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end at 11:59PM
> PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.  The secretary will
> record the votes as received via e-mail.  Provided a quorum of four directors
> have submitted votes by the deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority
> vote.
>
> Proposal
>
> Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
> hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus those sections
> marked "Hospital Insert"?

I vote to addopt this policy.

Luke

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Luke Schierer-5
I count 3 votes in favor, none against, three not voting.  I don't think
we reached enough votes for this to count.

luke

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 02:00:14AM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:

> Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end at 11:59PM
> PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.  The secretary will
> record the votes as received via e-mail.  Provided a quorum of four directors
> have submitted votes by the deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority
> vote.
>
> Proposal
>
> Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
> hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus those sections
> marked "Hospital Insert"?

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Luke Schierer-5
I forgot to count my own vote.  That makes 4 in favor, 3 not voting.
I'm still not sure that counts.

Luke

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:07:02PM -0400, Luke Schierer wrote:

> I count 3 votes in favor, none against, three not voting.  I don't think
> we reached enough votes for this to count.
>
> luke
>

> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 02:00:14AM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> > Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end at 11:59PM
> > PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.  The secretary will
> > record the votes as received via e-mail.  Provided a quorum of four directors
> > have submitted votes by the deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority
> > vote.
> >
> > Proposal
> >
> > Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest policy
> > hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus those sections
> > marked "Hospital Insert"?

Re: Vote on adoption of the conflict of interest policy

Evan Schoenberg

On May 30, 2008, at 2:19 AM, "Mark Doliner" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 May 2008 02:00:14 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote
>> Email voting is now open for the following issue.  Voting will end
>> at 11:59PM PDT on May 31st, 2008.  This is approximately four days.
>> The secretary will record the votes as received via e-mail.
>> Provided a quorum of four directors have submitted votes by the
>> deadline, this measure will be enacted by majority vote.
>>
>> Proposal
>>
>> Shall the Board of IM Freedom, Inc. adopt the conflict of interest
>> policy
>> hosted at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html minus
>> those sections marked "Hospital Insert"?

I vote yes.

-Evan