Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Sean Egan
In our very first board meeting, we decided to open credit-card
processing accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net
to accept credit card payments for donations. To date, we have not
processed a single such payment, but have been paying $30/mo ($25 to
Pinnacle and $5 to Authorize.net) in service charges [1]. I propose a
vote to cancel these accounts. If there are no objections/amendments,
we can begin voting April 23rd. I will send out another e-mail then.

Proposal:
Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
Group and Authorize.net?

[1] Pinnacle stopped deducting from our account around Juiy, 2009,
presumingly when our bank changed. We assume that account has
automatically been closed, but, pending the outcome of this vote, I'll
assure that's true.

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Ethan Blanton-3
Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Proposal:
> Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
> Group and Authorize.net?

I vote in favor of closing these accounts.

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Mark Doliner
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> Proposal:
>> Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
>> Group and Authorize.net?
>
> I vote in favor of closing these accounts.

Me, too!

--Mark

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

John Bailey-4
On 04/15/2011 07:44 PM, Mark Doliner wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
>>> Proposal:
>>> Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
>>> Group and Authorize.net?
>>
>> I vote in favor of closing these accounts.
>
> Me, too!
>
> --Mark
I, of course, will vote in favor as well.  But we can't vote until April 23, as
Sean said in his original e-mail on this topic.

John

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Mark Spencer-2
me too but i suggest we sign up for squareup since there is no monthly or startup fee.

mark

Mark Doliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> Proposal:
>> Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
>> Group and Authorize.net?
>
> I vote in favor of closing these accounts.

Me, too!

--Mark

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Evan D. Schoenberg, M.D.

On Apr 15, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Sean Egan wrote:

In our very first board meeting, we decided to open credit-card
processing accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net
to accept credit card payments for donations. To date, we have not
processed a single such payment, but have been paying $30/mo ($25 to
Pinnacle and $5 to Authorize.net) in service charges [1]. I propose a
vote to cancel these accounts. If there are no objections/amendments,
we can begin voting April 23rd. I will send out another e-mail then.

Proposal:
Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
Group and Authorize.net?

In keeping with apparent tradition of voting before voting is open:

I also vote 'yea'.

-Evan

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Ethan Blanton-3
Evan Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:

> On Apr 15, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Sean Egan wrote:
>
> > In our very first board meeting, we decided to open credit-card
> > processing accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net
> > to accept credit card payments for donations. To date, we have not
> > processed a single such payment, but have been paying $30/mo ($25 to
> > Pinnacle and $5 to Authorize.net) in service charges [1]. I propose a
> > vote to cancel these accounts. If there are no objections/amendments,
> > we can begin voting April 23rd. I will send out another e-mail then.
> >
> > Proposal:
> > Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
> > Group and Authorize.net?
>
> In keeping with apparent tradition of voting before voting is open:
Yeah, that's my fault.  Hilariously, the minutes on record a couple of
years ago record me reminding everyone we have to do that.

I think we should actually have a proposition which can actually be
voted 'yea' or 'nay', actually.  The above isn't really so much a
'proposal' as a 'question'.  I think you can only confuse those terms
where marriage is involved.

However it works out, I'm going to vote to not spend money on
something we're not using whenever I'm actually allowed to do that.
;-)

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Sean Egan
Voting is now open for this issue. At Ethan's request, I'll re-word it
slightly to make it all official-sounding :)

(the original wording seemed non-controversial, but please object if
anyone takes issue to a last-minute change).

WHEREAS in their first board meeting the board of directors of Instant
Messaging Freedom, Inc. voted to open credit-card processing accounts
with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net to accept credit card
payments for donations; and

WHEREAS to date, Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. has not processed a
single such payment; and

WHEREAS these accounts cost $30 a month ($25 to Pinnacle and $5 to
Authorize.net) in service charges;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of Instant
Messaging Freedom, Inc. that Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Evan Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> On Apr 15, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Sean Egan wrote:
>>
>> > In our very first board meeting, we decided to open credit-card
>> > processing accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net
>> > to accept credit card payments for donations. To date, we have not
>> > processed a single such payment, but have been paying $30/mo ($25 to
>> > Pinnacle and $5 to Authorize.net) in service charges [1]. I propose a
>> > vote to cancel these accounts. If there are no objections/amendments,
>> > we can begin voting April 23rd. I will send out another e-mail then.
>> >
>> > Proposal:
>> > Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
>> > Group and Authorize.net?
>>
>> In keeping with apparent tradition of voting before voting is open:
>
> Yeah, that's my fault.  Hilariously, the minutes on record a couple of
> years ago record me reminding everyone we have to do that.
>
> I think we should actually have a proposition which can actually be
> voted 'yea' or 'nay', actually.  The above isn't really so much a
> 'proposal' as a 'question'.  I think you can only confuse those terms
> where marriage is involved.
>
> However it works out, I'm going to vote to not spend money on
> something we're not using whenever I'm actually allowed to do that.
> ;-)
>
> Ethan

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Ethan Blanton-3
Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Voting is now open for this issue. At Ethan's request, I'll re-word it
> slightly to make it all official-sounding :)

Everybody's a comedian.  ;-)

> WHEREAS in their first board meeting the board of directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. voted to open credit-card processing accounts
> with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net to accept credit card
> payments for donations; and
>
> WHEREAS to date, Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. has not processed a
> single such payment; and
>
> WHEREAS these accounts cost $30 a month ($25 to Pinnacle and $5 to
> Authorize.net) in service charges;
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. that Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall
> cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net
I am in favor of this resolution.

On Apr 24, 2011 4:49 PM, "Sean Egan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> WHEREAS in their first board meeting the board of directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. voted to open credit-card processing accounts
> with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net to accept credit card
> payments for donations; and
>
> WHEREAS to date, Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. has not processed a
> single such payment; and
>
> WHEREAS these accounts cost $30 a month ($25 to Pinnacle and $5 to
> Authorize.net) in service charges;
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. that Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall
> cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net

I vote in favor of this proposal.

--Mark

On Apr 24, 2011, at 7:48 PM, Sean Egan wrote:

WHEREAS in their first board meeting the board of directors of Instant
Messaging Freedom, Inc. voted to open credit-card processing accounts
with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net to accept credit card
payments for donations; and

WHEREAS to date, Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. has not processed a
single such payment; and

WHEREAS these accounts cost $30 a month ($25 to Pinnacle and $5 to
Authorize.net) in service charges;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of Instant
Messaging Freedom, Inc. that Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall
cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net

I vote in favor.

-Evan

On 04/24/2011 07:48 PM, Sean Egan wrote:

> WHEREAS in their first board meeting the board of directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. voted to open credit-card processing accounts
> with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net to accept credit card
> payments for donations; and
>
> WHEREAS to date, Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. has not processed a
> single such payment; and
>
> WHEREAS these accounts cost $30 a month ($25 to Pinnacle and $5 to
> Authorize.net) in service charges;
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. that Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall
> cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net
I vote in favor of this proposal.

John

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Luke Schierer-5
On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 04:48:46PM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:

> Voting is now open for this issue. At Ethan's request, I'll re-word it
> slightly to make it all official-sounding :)
>
> (the original wording seemed non-controversial, but please object if
> anyone takes issue to a last-minute change).
>

> WHEREAS in their first board meeting the board of directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. voted to open credit-card processing accounts
> with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net to accept credit card
> payments for donations; and
>
> WHEREAS to date, Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. has not processed a
> single such payment; and
>
> WHEREAS these accounts cost $30 a month ($25 to Pinnacle and $5 to
> Authorize.net) in service charges;
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of Instant
> Messaging Freedom, Inc. that Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc. shall
> cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net

I vote in favor of this resolution.

Luke

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Mark Doliner
I counted 5 votes in favor of closing credit card processing with
Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net and 0 votes against.  So
it passed, right?

Ethan, I feel like you might be the most appropriate person to tackle
that.  You haven't done it already, have you?  Would you want to?  Do
you have all the information you need?

--Mark

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Ethan Blanton-3
Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I counted 5 votes in favor of closing credit card processing with
> Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net and 0 votes against.  So
> it passed, right?
>
> Ethan, I feel like you might be the most appropriate person to tackle
> that.  You haven't done it already, have you?  Would you want to?  Do
> you have all the information you need?

I would be, but I cannot.  Sean is the point of contact for this,
because the setup predates the current organization of IM Freedom.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Ethan Blanton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> I counted 5 votes in favor of closing credit card processing with
>> Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net and 0 votes against.  So
>> it passed, right?
>>
>> Ethan, I feel like you might be the most appropriate person to tackle
>> that.  You haven't done it already, have you?  Would you want to?  Do
>> you have all the information you need?
>
> I would be, but I cannot.  Sean is the point of contact for this,
> because the setup predates the current organization of IM Freedom.

Sean?

--Mark

Re: Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Sean Egan
Oh, sorry, we are all closed out on these, as of last week. There's a
chance we may get one more bill from Authorize.net on July 1st (I
don't think we will, though -- it sounds like we'd only get billed for
payment fees that get batched up during the month).