creating a contact, "not authorized"

Greg Howard

I have a very basic question.

I was instructed by a peer how to add a contact. (go to Buddie, Add Buddies, type in their email address).

However, upon doing that, the contact shows “not authorized”, and I am unable to IM this person.

How can I create this contact so that I can IM them?

Thanks.

Greg

Greg Howard

Sales Manager -- Enterprise Cloud Solutions

Office: +1 303-272-2307 | Cell: +1 303-589-1155

Oracle Corporation

Re: creating a contact, "not authorized"

David Woolley (E.L)
On 12/05/17 15:08, Greg Howard wrote:
> I have a very basic question.
>
> I was instructed by a peer how to add a contact. (go to Buddie, Add
> Buddies, type in their email address).
>
> However, upon doing that, the contact shows “not authorized”, and I am
> unable to IM this person.

Not authorised will be a response from the server.  No-one on this,
public, peer support, mailing list has any knowledge of your server.

We can guess that it is Oracle's own internal server, and we can further
guess that it is an XMPP one, but that won't help to solve your problem.

If it is Oracle's own server, we have been told that further information
can be obtained from  <http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm>, if
you have access to Oracle's private network.