[ gaim-Feature Requests-1196477 ] Make it easier to switch servers

[ gaim-Feature Requests-1196477 ] Make it easier to switch servers

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #1196477, was opened at 2005-05-06 06:42
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1196477&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: irc
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

previously I used saberhagen.freenode.net to connect to
IRC.  Now I think it is better to let
irc.eu.freenode.net decide which regional server I
should connect to.  Trying to switch the server was a
pain.  If I had just gone the obvious route and changed
the setting in "Tools - Accounts - Modify" I would have
lost all subscribed groups and logs (I did that once).
 To prevent that I opened the following files in an
editor: accounts.xml, accels and blist.xml and replaced
every occurence of saberhagen.freenode.net with
irc.eu.freenode.net.  Furthermore I renamed the log
directory accordingly.  I think this should be easier
to do and via the GUI.  I set to category IRC for now
but this might apply to others as well.  I also think
this is borderline bug instead of RFE considering the
unexpected result when one goes the "official" route.

Regards

Rolf

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)
Date: 2007-04-20 11:01