[ gaim-Feature Requests-1207458 ] Room List should order by Name by default

[ gaim-Feature Requests-1207458 ] Room List should order by Name by default

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #1207458, was opened at 2005-05-23 21:17
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1207458&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Right now, the "Room List" window that lists rooms for
IRC, Jabber, etc. servers seems to not list by anything
by default - is that so?

Unless the order the rooms are sent from the server is
somehow meaningful, we should order the room list by
name by default.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)
Date: 2007-04-20 11:01

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=28833
Originator: NO

still valid to http://developer.pidgin.im.  Thanks.

Comment By: Richard Laager (rlaager)
Date: 2005-06-29 23:42

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=156487

This is the room list, not the user list.

The only way to see if it'd slow things down is to test. The
question is, can a modern computer keep up with the sorting and
display as the data comes in over the network? The network is
quite a bit slower, so it might be alright.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)
Date: 2005-06-29 23:28

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=28833

that'd essentially be an insertion sort, wouldn't it?  would
that make gaim respond even more slowly than it does now
while handling a large room like #debian?

Comment By: Richard Laager (rlaager)
Date: 2005-06-29 23:09

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=156487

Would it be acceptable to just let rooms fill into the list
(alphabetically) as the server sent them to us? It wouldn't be as
useful if you were to start at the top and manually look through
the list for the room you wanted, but given the speed at which
names come in, I doubt most users do that.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)
Date: 2005-05-23 23:04

Message:
Logged In: YES