[ gaim-Feature Requests-1223451 ] Scroll To Bottom button

[ gaim-Feature Requests-1223451 ] Scroll To Bottom button

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #1223451, was opened at 2005-06-19 00:47
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1223451&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: gtk-ui
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I think it'd be useful to add a "scroll to bottom"
button in GtkIMHtml objects (or their containers? I'm
not very familiar with the source yet). It could be a
button just below the "scroll down" button on the
scrollbar.

The benefit would be when finished reading a section of
the log/buffer, one could just hit the "scroll to
bottom" button, then the auto-scrolling would once
again take over.

I don't think there's any problem with taking up
valuable screen real estate -- the scrollbar already
takes up enough space, and it'd only be causing the
scrollbar to be made slightly shorter.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)
Date: 2007-04-20 11:01

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=28833
Originator: NO

still valid to http://developer.pidgin.im.  Thanks.

Comment By: Megan Schneider (ciran)
Date: 2006-08-15 15:35

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=801517

Adding comments from #1352175:
Often I do the following when using gaim for IRC: I scroll
up, forget I've done so, then think "odd, why haven't I
received any messages?", do a /ping, seemingly get no
result, and so log out and back into the server.

It would be good if, like in xterm, gaim had an option so
that when you type something in the message window (to be
precise, when you send a message or command), the main pane
automatically scrolls to bottom.

Friends tell me I'm not the only one to have this confusion.