[ gaim-Plugins-1683366 ] default to ignore PM from non-friends needed

[ gaim-Plugins-1683366 ] default to ignore PM from non-friends needed

SourceForge.net
Plugins item #1683366, was opened at 2007-03-18 19:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by neutrino78x
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=390395&aid=1683366&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Gaim's Yahoo chat function should have a YahElite Mode in which you can ignore all PMs from non-friends unless the person gives a password in the PM like NOSPAM. This will harden gaim against most common "boot" attempts. See YahElite at www.yahelite.org.

Date: 2007-03-30 19:23

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1747064
Originator: YES

juliovega: I emailed the maintainers of Gaim and was told this feature
would be handled by a plugin, the purpose of my original comment was to
suggest that somebody (not me because I am not a programmer) should write a
plugin to do this. If you've ever been in a Yahoo chat room when some silly
script kitty comes in starts booting people, you know the value of
YahElite. Gaim can do the same thing if it would just have a toggle that
causes it to default to ignoring PMs from non-friends (at least under the
yahoo protocol).

Comment By: Frederik (juliovega)
Date: 2007-03-30 13:33

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1074504
Originator: NO

Isn't this a feature request and not a plugin?