[ gaim-Plugins-1698887 ] Facebook plugin

[ gaim-Plugins-1698887 ] Facebook plugin

SourceForge.net
Plugins item #1698887, was opened at 2007-04-11 21:07
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=390395&aid=1698887&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Plugin to incorporate facebook into pidgin.

Installation:
Save the file to the libgaim/plugins directory
Go to facebook and create a developer api key and  signature: http://developers.facebook.com/account.php?action=add_key
Edit the source file and change API_KEY_HERE and SECRET_HERE to your api key and secret. (Around line 36)
run "make facebook.so" in the libgaim/plugins directory and copy the file to your plugins directory

Usage:
When you load the plugin, you should get a notification telling you to go to a link. Click the link and login to facebook. Then click on Close in the notification window.
Now, if all goes well, you can right click on a buddy and click "Assign Facebook User". A list of users should come up. Pick who it is and click OK.
Now when you either get a tooltip of the buddy (keep the mouse hovered over the buddy) or get the user info (right click, get info) you will see a Facebook Status.

Some notes:
This is still in the works. I plan on adding some other features.
I really, really wanted to pull up a list of screen names from facebook, but the API doesn't let me.
Neither I, or this plugin, are in anyway affiliated with facebook, pidgin, AOL or anyone else who might sue me. And I'm broke, so it's pointless anyway.