off-the-record plug-in

Norbert de Jonge
Hi all, I hope this is the correct mailing list for the following
question/suggestion.

Why not make off-the-record messaging the default?

I don't think there's anything about this in your FAQ at
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FAQ

Best regards,
Norbert

Re: off-the-record plug-in

Eion Robb-3
Generally, a plugin doesn't get added to the 'core' source if there's no one on the 'core' development team to maintain it, or if there's volatility from constant protocol breakages (read: yahoo)

In this case, the first option, that none of us know the code well enough to maintain it if it were included, nor would we be capable of responding to any security reports

Hope that helps :)

Cheers,
Eion